Free beverages at pool station?

the_dylaness

Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, and probably some things I'm forgetting are at the beverage stations. Juice is available at no charge from room service as are other varieties of milk.

Basic bottom line is that the only beverages that have a cost on DCL are "specialty" coffees (think Starbucks), specialty teas, alcohol, smoothies, milkshakes, and some virgin drinks. Your dining server will make a Shirley Temple for a kid at no charge, but order it at a bar and you'll be charged.

Hello,

I understand that there are some types of beverages offered for free at the poolside drink stations. We do not drink sodas at all-- is anything else available? Unsweetened tea? Seltzer? Juices?

Thanks!

Coffee, tea (assorted hot tea bags, and iced tea) hot chocolate, milk, sodas, Minute Maid drinks. Water also.

241qk48.jpg

There are also juice drinks available in the buffet (at breakfast, anyway) - apple, orange, & cranberry.

Also juice is available in the buffett restaurant when open and I've often gone in to grab some during the day to drink. I take in a paper cup from the drinks station or just ask a server for one. The lemonade is quite nice at the drink station (I add water as find it a little sweet) and I think the ice tea is unsweetened.

While the above picture doesn't show it' date=' they also have plain Lipton tea. And on European cruises, they have something called "tips." (if I got the word right.) One of the CMs said they initially bought upscale British tea and found that the guests wanted "the cheap stuff."[/quote']

PG Tips... not exactly my favorite!

But the tea caddy posted above looks great. Thanks!

While the above picture doesn't show it' date=' they also have plain Lipton tea. And on European cruises, they have something called "tips." (if I got the word right.) One of the CMs said they initially bought upscale British tea and found that the guests wanted "the cheap stuff."[/quote']

lol this made me laugh! "PG Tips" is what they are and they are the kind of bog standard British tea and a huge deal in the UK. Although they aren't cheap they are cheap compared to Twinnings and don't really taste the same as English Breakfast tea. I definitely prefer the cheap stuff!

Yup, PG Tips was the stuff they added in Europe. They didn't get rid of any of the teas above or the Lipton, they just added the PG Tips due to guest feedback. They often have some left for the first cruise or two after the Magic comes back to the US in the fall if anyone has a burning desire to try it.