South America Cruise on Infinity - Santiago Airport

sabrefan

Will be sailing on Infinity in March from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. We are taking a tour Coastal Cities, Valleys & Historical Santiago (Ends at Airport). This tour is 7 hrs. and 15 mins. Our flight going back to the U.S. leaves at 8:50PM on Delta Airlines. Will this tour get me back to the airport in time? I know that airports outside the U.S. could take a long time to check in and get to the gate.

I would check with the tour operator. What time does your tour start? I would allow 3 hours ahead of the flight. We haven't been to the Santiago airport but when we flew out of São Paulo check-in and security moved at a snails pace.

Flew out of Santiago airport last March after a day of wine tasting. Check in went quickly. I would say three hours more than enough time. Two hours probably enough. We had a lot of time on hand after getting through security.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I flew out of Santiago last month. Had a 9:50pm flight on Delta. We were not able to checkin until 2 1/2 hours before the flight. By this time there was a long line of people waiting in line to check-in. Line moved pretty quickly and security didn't take long.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Will be sailing on Infinity in March from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. We are taking a tour Coastal Cities, Valleys & Historical Santiago (Ends at Airport). This tour is 7 hrs. and 15 mins. Our flight going back to the U.S. leaves at 8:50PM on Delta Airlines. Will this tour get me back to the airport in time? I know that airports outside the U.S. could take a long time to check in and get to the gate.

We took a similar tour with SouthExcursions and arrived at the airport a little early. We couldn't check in earlier than three hours before the flight.

The airport seems to operate pretty well. We have flown out of Santiago twice.

Are you on the March 5th cruise? You should join our roll call.

BTW, being Buffalo born and bred, I love your name.

Kathy