Boarding

pepere133

There used to be a Mariners lunch in the MDR that took place on embarkation day, which now happens on a later day (generally a day at sea I believe), therefore the MDR is open to everyone for lunch on embarkation day.

If it's your first time cruising with HAL, but if you have cruised on any of the other Carnival corporation cruise line, you are automatically a one star Mariner (with zero day at sea for HAL). You just have to contact the Mariner Society to have that added to your HAL account. This would get you the invitation to the Mariners lunch during your cruise.

There used to be a Mariners lunch in the MDR that took place on embarkation day, which now happens on a later day (generally a day at sea I believe), therefore the MDR is open to everyone for lunch on embarkation day.
You are confusing the former Mariners' Embarkation Lunch with the Mariners' Brunch which has always been near the end of the cruise. Two different things.

Embarkation day lunch in MDR is available to everyone, usually open noon to one thirty. Sometimes not available due to a special event. Have found it more enjoyable than than the usually crowded Lido. Challenge is to board in time.

What is the Mariners brunch?
It's a lunch for folks who have Mariner status. I remember last month on the Zuiderdam that it coincided with my Meatless Monday. I had the quiche. That was the only brunch type item. The other main dishes are more luncheon like, but I don't remember what they were. They also serve champagne at the brunch. Officers make a few remarks and offer a toast. You will also receive your commemorative Delft tile at the brunch.