Free bottle of wine in steakhouse

This may have been asked/answered, but I did not find the thread.

What night does the steakhouse offer the free bottle of wine? I thought it is the first night (embarkation) but my hubby thinks it may be the second night because it is cruise "elegant" night. We have been on many cruises, but for the life of me, I can't remember.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Good news! You both are right. At least from what I have experienced and have seen. At least on 7-day cruises, the first night is the free bottle of wine and the first elegant night (not necessarily the second night, but usually) night is also free bottle of wine night. We didn't do the free bottle, but took advantage of the 50% off any bottle that goes along with that.

Do you have to have a reservation at the steak house to get the discount? Or can one just stop by and grab a cpl bottles with the discount?

Thanks.

baf

Language used in the Fun Times is "while dining tonight in our version of the Great American Steakhouse" or somesuch. So, I'm going to say yes.

DH and I have always received the free bottle of wine the first night, but also sometimes when we return a few nights later we also receive another free bottle. You can't just pick up discounted bottles of wine at the Steakhouse and then leave, you have to actually have dinner there.

Do you have to have a reservation at the steak house to get the discount? Or can one just stop by and grab a cpl bottles with the discount?

Thanks.

baf

yes, you have to have reservation to have dinner to take advantage of the wine. So, yes, you must be eating dinner in the steakhouse.

We've done 3 and 7 days cruises and have taken advantage of the free bottle of wine on the first, and second night. We made reservations at the steakhouse promotion table either in the Atrium Lobby or up on the Lido just past the Atrium elevators. The wine is usually a Merlot and House white (I don't know which type because we always go with the red).

You have to eat dinner in the steakhouse to take advantage of the offer. It's worth the $35.00 for us, and we always enjoy the meal and service. We were on the Liberty for my birthday weekend the end of June, and took advantage of the promotion again. During dessert, they gave me a special birthday dessert and champagne from the Chef, which was the first time that had happened during one of my birthday cruises.

Thanks.

baf

This may not matter to you, but the "free" bottle of wine you get is pretty crappy. Usually something akin to a Barefoot brand (i.e. screwtop). It will not pair well with the steak you're going to order. But if fermented grape juice is all you're after, it will fit the bill. For me, the steakhouse has such an amazing wine list (head and shoulders above what you can order in the MDR) that it's not worth going on those nights where a "free" bottle of wine is offered (because I would decline it and order something else).

This may not matter to you, but the "free" bottle of wine you get is pretty crappy. Usually something akin to a Barefoot brand (i.e. screwtop). It will not pair well with the steak you're going to order. But if fermented grape juice is all you're after, it will fit the bill. For me, the steakhouse has such an amazing wine list (head and shoulders above what you can order in the MDR) that it's not worth going on those nights where a "free" bottle of wine is offered (because I would decline it and order something else).

But in lieu of the free bottle (which admittedly is bad) the 50% off any bottle is an even better perk IMO. On the first night.

Santa Carolina, I believe, was the free offering. We went for the discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked on the "free" bottle nights purely for the 50% off if you decline the house wine. The Caymus Special Reserve can be ordered for $90 a bottle which is a pretty good price anywhere. Plus we are normally able to get a couple more bottles at 1/2 off and have good wine for the rest of the cruise. Sometimes the steakhouse requires that that open the bottles but I've started including a vacuum seal cork set in our packing.

We booked on the "free" bottle nights purely for the 50% off if you decline the house wine. The Caymus Special Reserve can be ordered for $90 a bottle which is a pretty good price anywhere. Plus we are normally able to get a couple more bottles at 1/2 off and have good wine for the rest of the cruise. Sometimes the steakhouse requires that that open the bottles but I've started including a vacuum seal cork set in our packing.

Very good point!