EZ Check and FLL/Southwest Airlines?

Coral

My sister and I just purchased SWA fares for next spring. Honestly, I forgot all about EZCheck, so we paid a premium for automatic check-in ($12.50 each) so that we wouldn't have to worry about it while on the cruise.

If we are willing to pay another $20 for EZCheck so we don't have to worry about our bags until we get to our final destination, is this going to mess us up?

When Princess checks you in with the airline, your position number will already have been assigned by SWA and the boarding pass will reflect that automatic check-in assignment.

If you had not paid for the automatic check-in, you would get the next position available at the time Princess checked you in which would likely be hours after regular check-in started and thus result in a poor boarding position.

• 4 weeks later...
We were specifically told this was due to purchasing senior fare which was significantly higher. Have never seen this offered anywhere before so is my first experience and sorry that it was not a good one. I am waiting to hear from SWA and their reasons for this happening. Passenger services never told us that we could be denied and told us to expect luggage tags early evening. Not trying to argue, just stating what we were informed. I will gladly take back if given a reasonable explanation by SWA.

Just off a Princess cruise and when filling out the form for EZ Check saw that it is stated right on the form that passengers who purchased a senior fare thru Southwest and not eligible to participate in the EZ Check program.

We were on the Coral PC cruise in October and my wife's parents ran into the same issue. (Denied EZ check) (Senior fare purchased on SWA) It was all due to age verification on the senior fare.

When we arrived at FLL in-laws were able to get age verified at the ticket counter which will be on their record from now on so it should not be an issue in the future. (Guess they will find out if thats true or not. :rolleyes:)

Glad to see that they added the verbiage on the EZ Check form, it was not there when we sailed.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 2 months later...
I thought the wording said per person.

Limit 2 bags per person paying the airline baggage fee for the price of using the program i.e. one person with 2 bags would be $20+25+25 for a total of $70 if the airlines charge a $25 per bag fee for the first 2 bags.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a late 10 PM flight on South West out of FLL disembarking the Regal. Can I still use EZ Check?

Someone else had posted that SW has an earlier cut off time, something like 5 PM.

Did anyone recently run into that problem?

My backup plan is to use Bags to Go. Does anyone have any experience using them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sue