The Grand 10 days out of SF.

cruiselvr1

The day started with a hassle, ANTS. My DW and I ran around looking for bug spray, at 0400. (AM). After that was taken care of, everything went smooth. Rainy drive to Dublin Ca to catch BART, to SF. and a nice walk to pier 27. We were able to give our bags to a porter at 930. At 1030 in we walked, it took us 10 minutes to get our cruise card and sit in the preferred lounge, (thanks to my DW). We'll see how everything else goes.

Bon Voyage.:D We got off the Grand last Sunday after 22 days. We had a marvelous time. Anytime dining in the DaVinci with Anthony and Jorge made our cruise special. They are an excellent team. Head Waiter Manuel is also very personable. If you should see them tell the Denise and Howard said HI!!

Cheers, Denise

Hope you have a great time! We'll be boarding just after you leave the ship as we're going to Hawaii on the Grand, leaving 11/25.

I'm interested in hearing about what kind of shape the ship is in; have read many posts saying that it is looking very old, many leaks in public places with buckets under them catching water, mold and other negative reports. I'm really hoping that these have either been fixed or they were embellished stories. Can you please report back (when you have time) with your thoughts about what you saw?

Thanks!! Bon Voyage! :D

Oh, aren't you just the best!

Could you please tell me, if you remember, which night the Captain's dinner with the goat cheese soufflé is?

Also, which movies are presently playing. Just if you remember.

thank you!!

I hope you have an awesome trip. :)

As some of you know we just spent 22 very fun days on the Grand Princess. Is she getting old, well yes. We're there some leaks and buckets, well yes. Did any of this impact us? Absolutely not.

On Deck 14 if you exit the Trident Grill port side, there is almost always a big fan blowing air. This has been going on since 2010! Obviously there is a leak there.

The first 7 days we were on the Caribe Deck in Cabin 605. The cabin next door did have a toilet issue at embarkation that flooded their room. I consider this a problem!! Our toilet was shut off for several hours but then never had a problem the rest of that cruise. There was a cruise dispatched right away to deal with the problem.

Cheers, Denise

As some of you know we just spent 22 very fun days on the Grand Princess. Is she getting old, well yes. We're there some leaks and buckets, well yes. Did any of this impact us? Absolutely not.

On Deck 14 if you exit the Trident Grill port side, there is almost always a big fan blowing air. This has been going on since 2010! Obviously there is a leak there.

The first 7 days we were on the Caribe Deck in Cabin 605. The cabin next door did have a toilet issue at embarkation that flooded their room. I consider this a problem!! Our toilet was shut off for several hours but then never had a problem the rest of that cruise. There was a cruise dispatched right away to deal with the problem.

Cheers, Denise

Hi Denise!

We had a toilet issue last month on the Ruby...at 3:am!!

We were woke up to the sound of running water.

Got out of bed and stepped in about an inch of water in the entire cabin.

Called passenger services they moved us to another cabin immediately for the night. Went from our B755 on the stern to a very forward Inside...I learned I can handle an inside cabin...but it wont be my first choice.

Entire carpet was replaced the next day.

We didn't ask, but they gave us $100.00 OBC and a nice plate of chocolate.

Princess took care of us very well.

The day started with a hassle, ANTS. My DW and I ran around looking for bug spray, at 0400. (AM). After that was taken care of, everything went smooth. Rainy drive to Dublin Ca to catch BART, to SF. and a nice walk to pier 27. We were able to give our bags to a porter at 930. At 1030 in we walked, it took us 10 minutes to get our cruise card and sit in the preferred lounge, (thanks to my DW). We'll see how everything else goes.

Sorry I haven't been able to get back, earlier. For whatever reason, I have never been able to use my hotspot in SF on our balcony. We were on the ship by 1145, and eating lunch in De Vinci's by 1200. Princess told us to arrive at 130 (we never listen). I think that will answer some questions that some had. The ship beautiful (but the internet is slow). We are D737, great cabin. We had our CC meet and greet on Monday, meet some wonderful people. We hosted a CCwine party, and we were able to fit 25 people on our balcony. It was fun, and met some others that we didn't at the M&G. Our Stewart is John,and is great. One of the perks of a suite, we love is eating MDR in our cabin (especially after the party). It was rocky the first two days, as soon as we reached Mexician line it mysteriously calmed. Hopefully I will be able tell more later.

The ship beautiful (but the internet is slow). We are D737, great cabin.

Interesting. We disembarked the Grand on the day you got on and we found the internet to be very much improved from previous Princess cruises. We were mid-aft on Caribe and we did notice that in the hallway on Caribe deck (about mid ship as I recall) there was a device mounted near the ceiling that looked like a giant wifi range extender. Perhaps the proximity of your stateroom to these devices affects your internet speed?

When we did the same cruise last year, we actually cleared immigration on board. When we got to San Francisco we just walked off, collected our luggage and left the port. What a pleasure! I wonder if they are still doing that?

No they aren't. The new terminal is set up for immigration. It was quick and easy on 10/24. We left the ship at 8:35, went through immigration, got our luggage, took a cab to BART and we were home in Concord by 9:50. Amazing since the train ride is 45 minutes!!!

Cheers, Denise

Interesting. We disembarked the Grand on the day you got on and we found the internet to be very much improved from previous Princess cruises. We were mid-aft on Caribe and we did notice that in the hallway on Caribe deck (about mid ship as I recall) there was a device mounted near the ceiling that looked like a giant wifi range extender. Perhaps the proximity of your stateroom to these devices affects your internet speed?

The cabin does have a lot to do with the speed, or even able to get on another website. I'm in our cabin now, and finally was able to get on. The cabin, a vista suite sure is big enough for two people, but would probably be tight for anymore. We love the cabin, but for those who wouldn't like hearing notice, or vibrations might not like it. When we were in a mid cabin, we didn't hear, or feel what we do here. It helps me sleep, because the bed is hard, not the pillow top we hoped for. The people who work in the coffee area (IC) are not the most friendly people on the ship. I'm glad I don't have a long cruise, with them. We drink a lot of coffee. We awoke to a great thunderstorm yesterday , going into Manzanillo. Today we go into Mazatlan.

Have a great cruise... we are booked on the NY Eve cruise... looking forward to being on the Grand again. Did the first cruise out of Istanbul to Barcelona in l989... went back on the Grand for a 7 day Calif Coast a few years ago, had a great time.. Ship still in good shape in spite what some may say.

Hi,

Have friends Andi and Wil sailing with you.

We were on October 17-24

Midship emerald, had toilet overflow, we were in cabin, they fixed immediately.

I laughed at your IC coffee note. I thought the same thing, especially fellow early morning.

Chuck

Hi,

Have friends Andi and Wil sailing with you.

We were on October 17-24

Midship emerald, had toilet overflow, we were in cabin, they fixed immediately.

I laughed at your IC coffee note. I thought the same thing, especially fellow early morning.

Chuck

My goal on the Coastal of November 8th was to get a smile from the IC fellow. Alas, my goal was not met. :rolleyes:

The cabin does have a lot to do with the speed, or even able to get on another website. I'm in our cabin now, and finally was able to get on. The cabin, a vista suite sure is big enough for two people, but would probably be tight for anymore. We love the cabin, but for those who wouldn't like hearing notice, or vibrations might not like it. When we were in a mid cabin, we didn't hear, or feel what we do here. It helps me sleep, because the bed is hard, not the pillow top we hoped for. The people who work in the coffee area (IC) are not the most friendly people on the ship. I'm glad I don't have a long cruise, with them. We drink a lot of coffee. We awoke to a great thunderstorm yesterday , going into Manzanillo. Today we go into Mazatlan.

We are in Cabo today, the first of three ships (The Star, Celebrity Infinity. We were on one the first tenders, ad were able to walk the new area (at least to us). We haven't been here since they had the hurricane a few years ago. Downtown, and all the new buildings around the marina. After four hours walking, we were back on the ship for the end of the first NFL game. I'm sorry we missed Platium cruises 2. We love this suite, it wasn't available for our Alaskan cruise next year, but we will next door. We had a problem with our whirlpool, my DW needed it, so I fix it. It was earlier, than wait for help. Two more sea days and back

home. Great cruise, except for the problems I have talked about. But I wish it was the Star, one of our favorite ships.