cruise prices

sapphire4

Have been checking out the prices for a Canaries cruise later this year and have found the prices have jumped up these last few days. Im not a seasoned cruiser and am wondering if they may come down again?

There isn't really a right answer to this. Cruise companies are like airlines if there is a cruise that is not selling well then they will drop the price, conversely if they have sold more cabins than they expected by a certain time they will put the price up. Also the price has to be at a certain level for a period of time before they can say £xxx off. When we plan a cruise I keep an eye on the price for a few cruises from quite early on. I book when I am happy with the price on offer. If you wait the price may come down again closer to the cruise.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

There isn't really a right answer to this. Cruise companies are like airlines if there is a cruise that is not selling well then they will drop the price, conversely if they have sold more cabins than they expected by a certain time they will put the price up. Also the price has to be at a certain level for a period of time before they can say £xxx off. When we plan a cruise I keep an eye on the price for a few cruises from quite early on. I book when I am happy with the price on offer. If you wait the price may come down again closer to the cruise.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Absolutely right! But something else you need to bear in mind is the cabin grade you are after. Depending on the cruise and the ship, some types of cabin grade may sell out nearer to the cruise, so although the price may come down, you might also find that the type/ grade of cabin may not be availble. If you arent too fussed, then hang on until just around the 3 months out date (when payment is due).....but keep an eye on those prices too in the meantime.

Its a real game!

Absolutely agree. Our cruise on Oriana in October has been sold out of Balcony and above for quite a few months and the price of the inside cabins is £500 pp more than we paid. It's a Music Festival at Sea, so I don't believe the prices will drop as it's popular.

The Canaries on the other hand is not an unusual cruise and there are plenty of them between the cruiselines, so that could easily drop.

....or replace it with something else like they did last year.....double OBC ! :D

Booked on that deal last year and had a job to spend it all what with a future cruise deposit bonus and our tv not working in the cabin for five days(extra £250) Even booked a cabin on the last day just for two hours:D to go with the perfume aftershave and many visits to the Pandora shop;)

Can you spend your OBC in the shops? I didn't realise that, just thought it would be for drinks/excursions/spa. I got a Pandora bracelet for Xmas so maybe I can add to it now!![emoji3]

I got a Pandora charm on my last cruise - I kept hanging on in case they had a sale :rolleyes: but they didn't! However they were 20% off British shops prices. I got a cruise ship of course :D

My daughter has worked for Pandora for years so even though her discounts in her shop are better than we'd get on the ship, she was still keen to see the on board franchise .... Wasn't very impressed! She noticed lots of the items were actually MORE expensive on the ship than instore as many were from Pandora's sale range, but still normal ship price, & the cruise ship charm was unavailable according to the miserable sales person. Part of her job is staff training & evaluations so they failed her customer service assessment [emoji38].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also started my Pandora collection on board. Got the bracelet in Gib, as they did not have my size on the ship, then came on board and got a few extra ones including the cruise ship ,to use our obc.

Our lady on Aurora was very helpful. The bracelet she was wearing was chocca with charms.

Your OBS/OBC is just applied to your account. Each time you sign for anything with your crusise card it reduces your OBS/OBC amount.

last time although we had a huge amount we managed to go about £40 over