Oceana cruise - flights to genoa

anniebea

I want to do the P & O Oceana Cruise, Genoa to Venice but I cant seem to find much about direct flights to Genoa from Manchester. Can anyone who has done this cruise or the alternate Venice to Genoa cruise and has used flights from Manchester, give me any information on what airline P&O used, and which airport they flew you to.

Thanks

I want to do the P & O Oceana Cruise, Genoa to Venice but I cant seem to find much about direct flights to Genoa from Manchester. Can anyone who has done this cruise or the alternate Venice to Genoa cruise and has used flights from Manchester, give me any information on what airline P&O used, and which airport they flew you to.

Thanks

Most of the flights will be charter. There are flights from Manchester to all cruises for Oceana, next year details on page 51 of the full brochure.

We did this cruise in April and flew out from Manchester to Venice and back from Genoa. We flew with Thomas Cook for both flights - and they were excellent flights. (A brand new plane going out ---- first every flight (gulp))

I think others were on Thomson flights

No worries - they were all direct flights and decent airlines. :)

We have booked for next year and I think we are with Thomson.

We did this cruise in April and flew out from Manchester to Venice and back from Genoa. We flew with Thomas Cook for both flights - and they were excellent flights. (A brand new plane going out ---- first every flight (gulp))

I think others were on Thomson flights

No worries - they were all direct flights and decent airlines. :)

We have booked for next year and I think we are with Thomson.

Thats great, thank you - I may do the 14 days Venice to Venice as both ways have great ports. It will be my first P&O cruise too.

We did this cruise in September and it was lovely. Just a thought though, if you do Venice to Venice you will have a full day in Genoa - not the most interesting of places. If you do Genoa to Genoa, you will have extra time in Venice - a wonderful place and so much to see and do!

We did this cruise in September and it was lovely. Just a thought though, if you do Venice to Venice you will have a full day in Genoa - not the most interesting of places. If you do Genoa to Genoa, you will have extra time in Venice - a wonderful place and so much to see and do!

That's a really useful piece of information thanks

That's a really useful piece of information thanks

We agree and that's why we have chosen to do the Genoa to Genoa. We have sailed in to Venice at the end of a cruise on Celebrity and it is very depressing !!! Much better to know that you can sail in to Venice on your ship, have a great stay, and then enjoy the sailaway. :):)

From the little we saw of Genoa it really isn't inspirational - sorry Genoa.

Thats great, thank you - I may do the 14 days Venice to Venice as both ways have great ports. It will be my first P&O cruise too.

Just to add that we did half of this cruise in April so if you need any help re the Venice to Genoa part just ask. We loved it and within 2 weeks of coming home booked the 2 week cruise for next year. ;)

We are doing the Genoa to Genoa trip next year in May but we've been allocated British Airways flights so I assume we will have to collect our luggage from the carousel ourselves unlike when we are on a charter. I believe it still gets taken separately to the ship though - can anyone confirm?

We are doing the Genoa to Genoa trip next year in May but we've been allocated British Airways flights so I assume we will have to collect our luggage from the carousel ourselves unlike when we are on a charter. I believe it still gets taken separately to the ship though - can anyone confirm?

Thinking back we flew with Thomas Cook and from what we can remember we didn't have to wait for the cases and were reunited with them on the ship. Similarly, we put our luggage outside our cabin the night before we disembarked and the next time we saw them was on the carousel at Manchester.

Then again, we have spelt since then, so others may be able to confirm this for you.

:)

Sorry to disagree with some of you but Genoa is lovely when you get past the horrible flyover that dominates the seafront. It's certainly a place I could spend a long weekend at.

Some great architecture and amazing interiors in the Churches.

https://joeholiday2.shutterfly.com/pictures/2158#2158

LOVE the photos - thank you. Have to say, I am very surprised and it means that we can now put it on our list of places to see.

The photos of the ship were great too -- but the ducks, fab!

I am glad to see that we aren't the only ones who takes photos like this. Our 2 miniature teddy bears, Mr and Mrs T Bear have similar poses in a variety of locations around the world ;-)

We also liked Genoa and had a night there before and after our cruise. You can get a small boat to Portofino from Genoa. We did it and to get back we got a bus to Santa Margherita and a train back to Genoa - felt very intrepid.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the Genoa to Genoa cruise on 6th April 2016. Does anyone know how it works in getting back off the boat to explore Genoa. We have the early morning flight so onboard before 12 noon. I was hoping to see something of Genoa prior to sailing.

I could see it being confusing with people arriving and others trying to get off ?

• 1 month later...

Thanks

HI ...we are thinking about doing the Genoa to Venice cruise in 4th May 2016 and flying from Manchester aswell. Thanks for asking a question I was wondering about as couldn't find any direct flights from manchester to Genoa - then I realised the flights were included in the cruise deal which makes it a very good deal indeed.

HI ...we are thinking about doing the Genoa to Venice cruise in 4th May 2016 and flying from Manchester aswell. Thanks for asking a question I was wondering about as couldn't find any direct flights from manchester to Genoa - then I realised the flights were included in the cruise deal which makes it a very good deal indeed.

You will have a direct flight with a well known air line I expect - i.e. Thomson, Jet2 or Thomas Cook. It really is well organised and very easy :) Stress less and a great start to a holiday.

You will have a direct flight with a well known air line I expect - i.e. Thomson, Jet2 or Thomas Cook. It really is well organised and very easy :) Stress less and a great start to a holiday.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping for. The fact that all the transfers are included is also a bonus, as they can add on a fair bit at each end.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping for. The fact that all the transfers are included is also a bonus, as they can add on a fair bit at each end.

We were on a charter flight with Thomas Cook and we dropped our luggage off at Manchester and the next time we saw it was outside our cabin. It was very well organised and far better than Celebrity. On the way home we left our luggage outside the cabin before we went to bed and the next time we saw it it was in Manchester.

With Celebrity we had to pick our luggage off the coach at the airport and were more or less left at the airport with no help re where we checked in or anything. We once had a 4 hr wait for the gate to even open with our luggage with us ..

Really stress free - have a great time. As you can see, we did a week last year as a taster of this cruise and booked for the 2 week one in August within weeks of returning. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm doing Genoa to Venice in September with a friend and we'd like to have some idea of what excursions might cost? Any recommendations from those of you who have done this trip? Many thanks

• 2 months later...
Have booked the 18th May Genoa to Venice cruise ... and have flights confirmed with Thomas Cook from Manchester ... leaving at 07:25am arriving Genoa at 10:40am :)

We are going on the 8th June. I've added all the info to the p&o website Inc passports and my brother in law has done seat allocations for the flights. Can you remember if you had to also add your passport stuff to Thomas cook or does it get picked up from what you enter for p&o. I can't find anywhere to add it specifically for the flight s but want to be sure I don't miss anything.

Hope that makes sense

Anne

What I remember we did the Genoa to Genoa, they have dedicated check in for P & 0, we had Thomas Cook flights really early and arrived by 10am. Coach waiting for you at the airport to take you to the ship. After you check in at Genoa you should be able to go to you cabin as it usually ready. Oceana will look really busy as it is change over day for some are waiting to disembark. I would do the cruise again. Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 months later...