Live from the Spirit - 26 April 17 - Rome to Nice

Zenblue100

Taking a leaf out of Spins book and also thinking about how much I appreciated all the updates while looking forward to this cruise thought I would start this thread. I am sure others on the cruise will add to it as well. So I am almost packed and leave tomorrow early from Heathrow which is only a short drive from home. Will update once on Spirit.

Taking a leaf out of Spins book and also thinking about how much I appreciated all the updates while looking forward to this cruise thought I would start this thread. I am sure others on the cruise will add to it as well. So I am almost packed and leave tomorrow early from Heathrow which is only a short drive from home. Will update once on Spirit.

Always happy to hear the 'live froms' Zen....wishing you a wonderful voyage and safe travels.

Sophia 😊

After a good flight and a not so good bus transfer we finally arrived on the Spirit. The weather was not on our side but we we headed for the pool bar and I had the sliders which were delicious. After a few glasses of champagne I did relent and have a glass of water😊. There was a note in our suite saying the meet and mingle was on Friday 26th which as yesterday as was the 26th we were a little confused. So we called reception and they confirmed it was last night. Others must of thought it was Friday as only Leg27 and his lovely wife were there.* We had a good chat along with the charming Barrie the cruise consultant*

After the m&m we went to the main bar and onto a relaxing Stars for dinner. I have not eaten there before but did enjoy all the small plates and the excellent Jazz musician. Tip here is that they will swap any dish you want and if you would prefer two of any item that can be arranged.*

We arrived in Sorrento this morning on time and the sun has made an appearance. So good to be here 😊

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Up early this mornimg for our excusion to Pompeii, had a lovely breakfast in La Terazza, Martin had a vitamix which looked awful but he insisted it was great but he failed to convince me. Pompeii was interesting but crowded. We had lunch in town and returned to ship and had a mudslide cocktail yum. Dinner tonight was in the MDR cruise director Moss joined us and was as interesting as usual had great food and even better company. Went to the show 'Mind the Gap' sang along and then danced the night away in the Panorama bar. Now it is past midnight I'm sitting on my balcony sipping champagne one could say life is good*

Yesterday was a lazy day by the pool. Even though it was not full sunshine and I had factor 50 on I still have a Rudolf nose. Being blonde is not always fun.Lunch was an Italian buffet with delicious tiramisu....

We then had the passing with the Muse. The two captains arranged for the Muse to stand still and the Spirit to circle her. With plenty of waving from guests on each liner and also a series if horn blowing from the ships.

We then had the 2nd meet and mingle this time it was very successful with Barrie remarking it was the largest one he had ever hosted. Met some lovely people and hope to catch up with them all again. It was formal night and it was lovely to see most people dressed up. I love men in DJs always feels special to me.*

Dinner in the MDR we were invited to join two of the officers and had a good chat with them such lovely people. Silverseas really have that knack of making you feel like part of the family.*