Live from the Spirit - 26 April 17 - Rome to Nice

Zenblue100

I hope you get to go into the countryside in Sardinia. We had a magical time when we went to a church there outside of Olbia and met the parishioners who were preparing for a festival. A spontaneous get together ensued with the sharing of home made wine and cookies.

And Sardinia may be Atlantis...the nuraghi are evidence of special people who lived in Sardinia in ancient times.

Not to high jack this thread, but the city of Mdina is a place to explore outside Valletta in Malta! We have been to Valletta twice, did a walk about and also went to Mdina. worthwhile.

Thanks all for the posts! I am there with you in Spirit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stumblefoot regarding Malta we took the hop on hop off bus which has 2 routes which was Euro 10 each however in hindsight we would have chosen one or two of the sights and arranged a taxi. I will post a copy of the bus itinerary as one route is 3 hours even if you do not get off. But it will give the list of stops.

Not to high jack this thread, but the city of Mdina is a place to explore outside Valletta in Malta! We have been to Valletta twice, did a walk about and also went to Mdina. worthwhile.
Thank you to you both for the wonderful comments on Malta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have vowed not to eat as much today as after afternoon tea was hard to build enthusiasm for dinner. We still managed three delicious courses at La Terrazza. Then on to the debut swing evening which I thoroughly enjoyed. And then fell asleep with the veranda door open to the sound of the waves... how spoilt do I feel. This morning we saw Lirio and her sister who is a historian and always interesting to talk with. We then arrived in Ajaccio, really enjoyed walking through the market the smell of olives and cheese and you know you are in France. We took the mini train for an hour and half ride which had lovely views across the ocean and villas on the hills. But it was a bit bumpy if you ever take the train make sure you are not at the back. Leg27 and his wife cleverly sat at the front. Had a late lunch in La Terrazza excellent selection of salads. Now time to read a book in the sun. Only 3 days left I'm not looking forward to real life.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I have vowed not to eat as much today as after afternoon tea was hard to build enthusiasm for dinner. We still managed three delicious courses at La Terrazza. Then on to the debut swing evening which I thoroughly enjoyed. And then fell asleep with the veranda door open to the sound of the waves... how spoilt do I feel. This morning we saw Lirio and her sister who is a historian and always interesting to talk with. We then arrived in Ajaccio, really enjoyed walking through the market the smell of olives and cheese and you know you are in France. We took the mini train for an hour and half ride which had lovely views across the ocean and villas on the hills. But it was a bit bumpy if you ever take the train make sure you are not at the back. Leg27 and his wife cleverly sat at the front. Had a late lunch in La Terrazza excellent selection of salads. Now time to read a book in the sun. Only 3 days left I'm not looking forward to real life.

Continue to super appreciate these wonderful details, pictures, etc., allowing us to travel along with you on the Silver Spirit. Sorry your fun adventure is getting close to its finishing conclusion. Look forward to seeing and reading more. And tell us about all of the "secret" tips to maximizing the experience on this ship.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 178,897 views for this posting.

Yesterday we were in Livorno most went on trips to Florence etc however as we have already been we decided to have a walk around the town. We then came back sat in the sun in La Terrazza drinking wine and eating cheese. There was a beautiful motor yacht next to us which we found out was Philip Greens. On the other side was a block of flats aka Norwegian Epic. Entertainment was provided by the fantastic Moss we both enjoyed the sing along. Today we are in Portofinio all I can say is wow I so love it here.. just need the 20 odd million to by a villa.*

I'm sure you are fed up of my photos but I have had a wonderful time. Unfortunately our cases have now arrived back in our suite cleaned up I hasten to add but almost time to pack. We taking the tender back into Portofino enjoy the afternoon

Yesterday we were in Livorno most went on trips to Florence etc however as we have already been we decided to have a walk around the town. We then came back sat in the sun in La Terrazza drinking wine and eating cheese. There was a beautiful motor yacht next to us which we found out was Philip Greens. On the other side was a block of flats aka Norwegian Epic. Entertainment was provided by the fantastic Moss we both enjoyed the sing along. Today we are in Portofinio all I can say is wow I so love it here.. just need the 20 odd million to by a villa.*

Hope you took a kick at his yacht !! When we were in Monaco last year, the yacht Rupert Murdoch's used to own was there and in Puerto Rico last month, Abramovitch's yacht! (It wasn't much smaller than the Wind! lol

Funnily, in a few weeks I'm back in Livorno and undecided what to do. (We are there on an over nighter!) Cant be bothered with Florence or Pisa.

Thanks everyone... now packing and have agreed to meet people for dinner. I used to say that 10 days holiday was just right but this does not apply to the Sprit... could stay much longer 😊

We used to think 21 days was perfect, but as you get older, the days get shorter (LOL). We now think 40+ days is just right!

So glad you had a good time on the Spirit. Thanks for the great photos. Hope our paths cross in the future.

Thanks Emtbsam we are now at the airport. My daughter just called and said do yoy want to meet at the gym tomorrow... I reluctantly agreed. As a parting photo I took of the bottles from our mini bar... the gin was not empty just in case you think we got through a whole bottle in 10 days. Even though my team Spurs lost night, I had hot chocolate on my last night 😊 Hope all the wonderful people who I met get home safely... until next time xx