MSC Meraviglia

Roostertail

Has anyone booked on the Meraviglia here?

Take a look at this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220403

and a link to the roll calls

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1037

pete

PS I booked to go on her, in Sept 2017, in July 2015 yes 2015(no typo) (27 months in advance, before they had laid the keel and started to build her.)

WOW I thought us booking 18 months in advance was extreme

There was a good reason for booking so far out

AT the time MSC were changing their MSC club to the Voyager's club.

Under the MSC Club Black card holders got 20% discount on any cruise.

This was going to reduce to 5% under the new club.

They gave MSC Club members 2 weeks in which to book cruises and still get the 20% , which included Meraviglia's first season.

So I booked a cabin in the Yacht Club

Pete

pete

PS I booked to go on her, in Sept 2017, in July 2015 yes 2015(no typo) (27 months in advance, before they had laid the keel and started to build her.)

I booked in Sept 2015, lol

It was impossible to resist, it was EUR 1000 per person for a YC inside, which was cheaper then booking a fantastica balcony at the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked March of 2018. Looking forward to trying MSC for the first time. We are Diamond on Carnival, Emerald on RCCL also Diamond with Hilton. I will be filling out the loyalty match form so hopefully we will be a Black card holder when boarding for the first time.

Seems like a great value for a YC cabin with the perks.

If anyone has any insight and tips for sailing MSC, please share.

Bon Voyage

Djp

We booked 22 June 2015, before the introduction of Voyagers Club was announced, so that wasn't a driving factor. We got the 20% Black Card discount perk from the original loyalty club. Having a future cruise €10 voucher at the time (since discontinued) gives us €400 OBC on a YC booking, too! Seeing today's prices for Meraviglia, I'm so glad we went for it! I'd never booked anything so far out before and it seemed like forever away. It's now only 7 weeks away now. :p

We booked 22 June 2015, before the introduction of Voyagers Club was announced, so that wasn't a driving factor. We got the 20% Black Card discount perk from the original loyalty club. Having a future cruise €10 voucher at the time (since discontinued) gives us €400 OBC on a YC booking, too! Seeing today's prices for Meraviglia, I'm so glad we went for it! I'd never booked anything so far out before and it seemed like forever away. It's now only 7 weeks away now. :p

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it

Have you booked Seaview?

I've booked the maiden voyage , 10th June 2018, it's replacing Meraviglia on the w. med circuit. I've got an Aurea cabin , the YC was fully taken when I booked

Pete

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it

Have you booked Seaview?

I've booked the maiden voyage , 10th June 2018, it's replacing Meraviglia on the w. med circuit. I've got an Aurea cabin , the YC was fully taken when I booked Pete

I'd love to do Seaview, Pete. She looks amazing! But the itinerary doesn't suit. If Tunis were a POC, I'd definitely book it. We try to do a couple of trips where duty-free is available as DH is a smoker and the current W. Med route doesn't provide for it.

I wonder how the opening bookings on Bellissima will go next Monday - there doesn't seem to be much interest in her at all.

I must say, I'm really looking forward to doing the Meraviglia. If you've anything you want me to find out specifically, just ask. I'm sure there are things you enjoy about a ship that I'd have no interest in - and vice versa and there may be something you'll want to know that I may not have seen or noticed.

I'd love to do Seaview, Pete. She looks amazing! But the itinerary doesn't suit. If Tunis were a POC, I'd definitely book it. We try to do a couple of trips where duty-free is available as DH is a smoker and the current W. Med route doesn't provide for it.

I wonder how the opening bookings on Bellissima will go next Monday - there doesn't seem to be much interest in her at all.

I must say, I'm really looking forward to doing the Meraviglia. If you've anything you want me to find out specifically, just ask. I'm sure there are things you enjoy about a ship that I'd have no interest in - and vice versa and there may be something you'll want to know that I may not haveCcirque du Soleil works out.

I have conflicting paperwork:- one states that you get the meal WITH the show.

The other states that you have the meal PRIOR to the show starting.

Also what are the choices, available to YC guests, on drinks in steerage. Is it any drink available from that particular bar? or is there a list of drinks you can have and certain drinks not available to be ordered?

ete

Cirque du Soleil works out.

I have conflicting paperwork:- one states that you get the meal WITH the show.

The other states that you have the meal PRIOR to the show starting.

Also what are the choices, available to YC guests, on drinks in steerage. Is it any drink available from that particular bar? or is there a list of drinks you can have and certain drinks not available to be ordered?etc

According to the info in the following link, the meal will be served beforehand, which makes sense. Who wants waiters serving tables while you're trying to watch the show. Any shows I've ever attended, the meal was always served first up. Perhaps the reference of "with the show" is just about the package being "dinner with show" to infer it includes both?

http://www.mscpressarea.com/en_GB/press-releases/1333

"MSC Cruises guests on board MSC Meraviglia will be able to book a Dinner & Show package where they will enjoy an exclusive table d’hôte menu and then experience the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil at Sea performance in the impressive purpose-built Carousel Lounge."

I agree that there is still a question around what drinks are available outside of YC. It would have simplified matters if MSC had just given the (heretofore) Allegrissimo package to YC guests. The 431 code could be included on the cruisecard and there'd be no confusion as to what you can order. Seems to me from what I've read on here (and there's been little enough on the subject) that the stock that's carried in YC venues will be what's included shipwide which, should that be the case, will be very unsatisfactory. We'd have to carry a YC bar menu about LOL

Hello .

I am looking at booking the msc meraviglia for the 9th august 2018 which is sailing out of hamburg for 14nights to fjords and arctic circle.

Never have we been with Msc either. What could we expect in regards to main language used on-board as we are from england and it's sailing out of Germany.

Thanks

Hello .

I am looking at booking the msc meraviglia for the 9th august 2018 which is sailing out of hamburg for 14nights to fjords and arctic circle.

Never have we been with Msc either. What could we expect in regards to main language used on-board as we are from england and it's sailing out of Germany.

Thanks

I've done 15 cruises on MSC and have never encountered any language problems. English is commonly used amongst the crew and is often the first one of four or five languages used for ship announcements.

Good morning all,

As stated earlier, we have recently book this ship and now more research begins.

After looking at numerous deck plans, I've noticed there is NO deck 17? Where did it go? anyone have any insight they can share?

Since my cabin is on deck 14 I'm not that concerned except I'm really looking forward to seeing the floating decks 18-19 above the ship. I can't wait to explore the floating yacht club :)

Bon Voyage

Dip

Good morning all,

After looking at numerous deck plans, I've noticed there is NO deck 17? Where did it go? anyone have any insight they can share?

On an Italian ship, there is no deck 17. It's superstition, like 13 in our culture.

On an Italian ship, there is no deck 17. It's superstition, like 13 in our culture.

it comes from an anagram, in Latin, of the number 17 in Roman numerals

XVII

the anagram in question is

VIXI

which means "I HAVE LIVED" (perfect tense)

implying "my life is over" or "I AM DEAD"

Pete

PS non of the present fleet, except the two vessels MSC bought from another cruise line (Festival Cruises) which weren't built to MSC's specifications, (Armonia and Lirica) has any cabins ending in the number 17

eg 9017 ; 11117

It's the same for the new ships

Edited by Skier52

Wow.

Thanks for the quick insight and Italian ship trivia.

Please share any other interesting MSC trivia you may have.

Bon Voyage.

Djp

MSC Preziosa was originally ordered by Col Gaddafi's son, Hannibal Gaddafi, as a Fantasia at the outbreak of the Libyan civil war and MSC took over the hull and specified it to be a sister ship to Divina.

The Fantasia class of ship is in actual fact two pairs of ships

Fantasia and Splendida

and

Davina and Preziosa

The main differences being the size of the central hump, being much larger on the later pair, and, the number of steel "In Hull" balconies,

There are a lot more on the later pair as well

Pete

Wow.

Bon Voyage.

Djp

The former MSC ship Melody was attacked by pirates off Somalia in 2009. The pirates fired at the ship causing damage to windows. The pirates were beaten back by passengers throwing sun lounges, tables and chairs at the RIB the pirates were using, al before the on board security personal could be made aware of it.

The pirates wee captured by the Spanish Navy

I actually shared a table in the MDR with two guests, who were on board during the attack, or a 23 night repositioning cruise.

They had some amazing stories to tell about the event

Pete

Wow.

Bon Voyage.

Djp

The "Achille Lauro" which as owned by Flottta Lauro line (Now MSC) was hijacked by the PLO in August 1985.

A Jewish-American passenger, who was wheelchair bound, was executed by the hijackers and his body thrown overboard.

Pete