First time cruiser traveling with DGD

CaliTravels

I'm booked on my first cruise to Alaska on NCL Pearl. I'm taking my 10 y/o granddaughter. I did not realize there were so many requirements when you are not the parent or legal guardian. Her birth father approved the passport application so we have that. I know I need to get him to sign NCL's form & the consent for minors to cross the US/Canadian border. Will I need other documents to prove I am authorized to travel with her? Any suggestions for traveling with minor grandchildren without their parent(s)?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have often traveled to/from Canada with my daughter and Canadian Border Service Agents can be very, very picky. But, if you have her passport and a notarized permission to travel letter signed by both parents, along with a permission to obtain medical treatment signed by the parents, unless there is some other paperwork required by your cruise line, you should be good.

Edited by 6rugrats

I have often traveled to/from Canada with my daughter and Canadian Border Service Agents can be very, very picky. But, if you have her passport and a notarized permission to travel letter signed by both parents, along with a permission to obtain medical treatment signed by the parents, unless there is some other paperwork required by your cruise line, you should be good.

We had all the paperwork but when we got off the ship from AK in Canada, they asked my granddaughter who we were. I wonder what would have happened of she was a smart alack and answers "they are kidnapping me".

As it is, we had no problems.

DON