Air city different from ticket departure city. Ok?

amymoore

I got an email today from Princess. Another booking confirmation. When checking, I noticed the air city say Shreveport. Our tickets and flight information say Dallas. I called and was told to change the information would cancel the tickets. They were restricted, so of course we didn't. Now I know the tickets are what counts, and logically it shouldn't be any big deal. I'm just looking for a " no worries mate". From my fellow cruisers.

I got an email today from Princess. Another booking confirmation. When checking, I noticed the air city say Shreveport. Our tickets and flight information say Dallas. I called and was told to change the information would cancel the tickets. They were restricted, so of course we didn't. Now I know the tickets are what counts, and logically it shouldn't be any big deal. I'm just looking for a " no worries mate". From my fellow cruisers.

Your situation, and others that I have heard of as well as my own experience is why I now will only book my airline tickets on-line myself. I get the airline, flight and seats that I want. I don't use my travel agent for airline reservations. She gets no commission from the airlines so why should I make her do something I can do so easily.

Let me add that I immediately, upon purchasing tickets, went to the United Airline web site and got extended leg room. I have a confirmation from them. Dallas. I think I will call Princess again tomorrow and see if a different rep has a different answer.

I think I will call Princess again tomorrow and see if a different rep has a different answer.

That's what I would do. Most of the Princess phone reps I've dealt with are pretty good, but sometimes another call will get you a more useful answer. Don't sweat it, because you'll get it worked out.

Jim

When I go into my personalizer and to EZAir, its telling me my airport if Albany! I am six hours away and in no way would accept any air from this airport.

So, I just pull up a website with most airlines on it to get an idea of prices, then I go to the actual airline to recheck and if the price is right .....book it.

"No worries mate!" :)

When they book the cruise, they use a "gateway city". Normally that should be the city you live in. Sometimes it turns out to be the city that your TA is in or, if you booked online, the city that your ISP is in. If you have air tickets that say you are flying out of Dallas, then you are flying out of Dallas. There is nothing to worry about.

When I go into my personalizer and to EZAir, its telling me my airport if Albany! I am six hours away and in no way would accept any air from this airport.

So, I just pull up a website with most airlines on it to get an idea of prices, then I go to the actual airline to recheck and if the price is right .....book it.

Just call your TA (or Princess if you booked direct) and have them change your home airport to what it should be.

I would check the reservation online at the airline's website to be sure it is the same as your ticket. We have used EZair a number of times and have found that sometimes Princess doesn't have the latest flight times changes, etc. I check the airline website every few days just to be sure I have the latest information.