printing tickets

just had an email to say this is your last chance to print your e ticket and luggage label, the ticket actually says leave this as late as possible before your sailing date as you may be given an alternative cabin, we have over 3 weeks yet so why the panic:rolleyes:

just had an email to say this is your last chance to print your e ticket and luggage label, the ticket actually says leave this as late as possible before your sailing date as you may be given an alternative cabin, we have over 3 weeks yet so why the panic:rolleyes:

Thinks it's just one of their routine emails they send out. Things we've still been able to print out the e ticket with just a couple of days to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You dont even need your e-ticket. Never needed ours yet. Just your passport on check in.

We needed ours when we arrived at the terminal in April so that they could decide which card we needed as we were a little earlier than our boarding time. If they didn't check the boarding time on the ticket anyone could simply tell them that they were close to their boarding time and so not have to wait.

Last year I printed our e tickets two weeks before the cruise. Two days before the cruise I noticed that the times had changed. So it is worth checking to see if any changes have been made.

We needed ours when we arrived at the terminal in April so that they could decide which card we needed as we were a little earlier than our boarding time. If they didn't check the boarding time on the ticket anyone could simply tell them that they were close to their boarding time and so not have to wait.

If someone wanted to fib about their boarding time, it is not rocket science to amend a PDF of the e-ticket to show whatever time they wanted.

If someone wanted to fib about their boarding time, it is not rocket science to amend a PDF of the e-ticket to show whatever time they wanted.

Oooh, now that's an idea.

As they scan your passport it will show your boarding time and you will be given a card of the colour associated to that boarding time. The suggestion of a bit of trickery by means of the PDF is stupid. Not only that it is Fraud and punishable on conviction by imprisonment LOL.

Maybe they will lock you up for a long time on the ship instead.

It'd be nice if people did actually wait their turn. Then we wouldn't have the problem of everyone turning up 3 hours early and delaying everyone because the terminal is overflowing.

On a separate note, I added a smiley to my post for a reason. I'm more than happy to amble round Southampton for a few hours, I've never been before.

I hope for the sake of other travellers we don't get people with that mentality on our ship, they should wait their turn like the rest of us.

Really? Irony seems to have been lost on some.

It'd be nice if people did actually wait their turn. Then we wouldn't have the problem of everyone turning up 3 hours early and delaying everyone because the terminal is overflowing.

On a separate note, I added a smiley to my post for a reason. I'm more than happy to amble round Southampton for a few hours, I've never been before.

Nobody is turning up 3 hours early. P&O have convinced people into believing that everyone wanted to turn up at noon to board and that everyone preferred to board when the cabins where ready. The two facts never married. We did 5 cruises with P&O before their silly timed boarding started and the check in flowed well wether we arrived at noon or 2 pm. We never bothered when our cabins were available and even if they were available what's the point if the luggage wouldn't arrive until hours later.

The US lines from Southampton manage to board easily from 11 am without silly restrictions so P&Os publicity machine is them just covering for their inability to manage boarding in a customer focused manor.

Nobody is turning up 3 hours early. P&O have convinced people into believing that everyone wanted to turn up at noon to board and that everyone preferred to board when the cabins where ready. The two facts never married. We did 5 cruises with P&O before their silly timed boarding started and the check in flowed well wether we arrived at noon or 2 pm. We never bothered when our cabins were available and even if they were available what's the point if the luggage wouldn't arrive until hours later.

The US lines from Southampton manage to board easily from 11 am without silly restrictions so P&Os publicity machine is them just covering for their inability to manage boarding in a customer focused manor.

Totally agree we in fact had done 7 cruises by that time and we always arrived between 12 & 1pm and were always on board within 45 minutes.

And when we sailed Princess (2004 & 2006) using the same system then as pando again never more than 45 mins.

Edited by TOMOGP

As they scan your passport it will show your boarding time and you will be given a card of the colour associated to that boarding time. The suggestion of a bit of trickery by means of the PDF is stupid. Not only that it is Fraud and punishable on conviction by imprisonment LOL.

Is that all? Are you sure they won't make you swing from the yardarm?

Exactly.

We are getting off the Oriana on the 7th August and will be asking for last disembarkation as we are then joining the Azura that afternoon.

Our boarding time is 2-00pm and as it is a Sunday and we have our luggage with us we will have to arrive at the terminal at about 11.00am and wait for our embarkation at 2.00pm.

Hopefully the tea shop will be open? What else can you do I suppose after all we are fortunate to be doing a sort of back to back.