Todd English: Have They Lost Interest?

RJChatsworth

Last week on QM-2 we booked a table for two at 1 pm. We were seated quickly and our orders taken with no delay. At 1.45 I said to the Head Waiter, " Would you consider it unreasonable for us not to have received our starter after 45 minutes". He replied, "Yes, I'll look into it". At 1.55 he had not returned so we left.

Role on the Verandah!

Last week on QM-2 we booked a table for two at 1 pm. We were seated quickly and our orders taken with no delay. At 1.45 I said to the Head Waiter, " Would you consider it unreasonable for us not to have received our starter after 45 minutes". He replied, "Yes, I'll look into it". At 1.55 he had not returned so we left.

Role on the Verandah!

Oh dear! So sorry to hear this. I reached "Diamond" this year, so finally decided to give it a go, since it was a perk, plus an additional meal as part of a package. It was a most amazing experience. The service and timing were impeccable. I do hear you though, and feel badly that you were not able to experience what you should have, especially since the change is many months away and there was no reason for staff to slack off.

Jeanne

Oh dear! So sorry to hear this. I reached "Diamond" this year, so finally decided to give it a go, since it was a perk, plus an additional meal as part of a package. It was a most amazing experience. The service and timing were impeccable. I do hear you though, and feel badly that you were not able to experience what you should have, especially since the change is many months away and there was no reason for staff to slack off.

Jeanne

Adding that my visit to TE was lunch on the 31st of December, 2015.

Jeanne

if only the management(onboard & ashore) would put as much effort into the execution of the services as they do in PROMOTING them they might not have these problems and BAD PUBLICITY/ REVIEWS.(unless the greed continues & staff levels continue to be cut onboard).

That doesn't sound good, did you get a response to your complaint on board ?

We have only eaten there once and the service was very good.

Interestingly Hattie, we did. That evening when we went to dinner in the Princess Grill the waiter came bounding over and said, "How was Todd English?" I related our experience and thought that was it. Out of courtesy I had mentioned to him at breakfast that we wouldn't be in for lunch. A moment later, the PG Maitre d', who had barely spoken to us, was at my elbow. He said the Todd English Head Waiter worked directly to the senior Maitre d' in the Queens Grill and as Osman was going off on holiday in a couple of days and he was moving to the QG he would investigate. A day later he came back and said the Head Waiter had accepted my comments as being true so he was arranging a meeting with the Head Chef in Todd English. We heard no more even though we were on the ship several days more before we disembarked.

We commented on the disembarkation questionnaire, but I think they only look at those to check whether excellent has been ticked for the cabin stewards and waiters!

. A moment later, the PG Maitre d', who had barely spoken to us, was at my elbow. He said the Todd English Head Waiter worked directly to the senior Maitre d' in the Queens Grill and as Osman was going off on holiday in a couple of days and he was moving to the QG he would investigate. A day later he came back and said the Head Waiter had accepted my comments as being true so he was arranging a meeting with the Head Chef in Todd English. We heard no more even though we were on the ship several days more before we disembarked.

!

This is not good enough is it? I wonder if you are referring to Patu Kerei - he never once came to our table when we were in QG following Osman leaving the ship in NY.

I do find is quite disappointing that the service, particularly such as your experience in TE is not properly resolved.

This is not good enough is it? I wonder if you are referring to Patu Kerei - he never once came to our table when we were in QG following Osman leaving the ship in NY.

I do find is quite disappointing that the service, particularly such as your experience in TE is not properly resolved.

Crikey, I am no longer good on names, but I think that was him, A largish gentleman with a round face to match.

I found it interesting at the time he and the TE Head Waiter were inclined to blame the TE Head Chef for the food coming out of the kitchen slowly. Shouldn't the Head Waiter have had some co-ordinating role in this respect?

I asked myself the same question on QVs maiden voyage. What chef opens a new restaurant, with his name above the door, and doesn't even bother to turn up for the opening?

Regards, Colin.

Interesting!

By the way, did you have an interest in broadcasting, or is that another Colin Cameron?

Role on the Verandah!

We never had issues in TE(ate there at least 8 times)I have heard of some issues, but all rest. sometimes have snafus.