Queen Victoria - Verandah Restaurant - odd pricing

Daveth10

I am on a 17 day voyage commencing 29 October 2016. Looking in Voyage Personaliser I notice that the Verandah Restaurant is 24 $ per person for the first portion of the cruise and then 49.95 $ for the second part, can anyone explain?

It's all very odd - there seems to have been a sudden price hike on QM2 as well, a thread was started here yesterday.

I am on the second part of your cruise and my VP is showing $49.95 as well. It's the first time I've checked as I wasn't planning to go.

We might have considered an evening there on our cruise in November but not at those prices.

When we've been on board in the past it hasn't been very busy and this won't make it any more popular.

If you look at the sample menu it shows items priced individually :confused:

We had dinner in the Verandah on QV two years ago when the "supplement" was $24/pp. What irked me was that over half the entrees required an additional fee on top of the supplement. Was it a nice experience? Yes. Was it worth the money? No. We ate there just to use up our OBC.

Other than for a few itineraries that Cunard offers we've switched to Oceania.

We had dinner in the Verandah on QV two years ago when the "supplement" was $24/pp. What irked me was that over half the entrees required an additional fee on top of the supplement. Was it a nice experience? Yes. Was it worth the money? No. We ate there just to use up our OBC.

Other than for a few itineraries that Cunard offers we've switched to Oceania.

Yes that's correct there were supplements on certain items and although the experience made a change from the MDR it was not memorable.

Like you we prefer the Oceania experience, but we choose Cunard if sailing from the UK.