Honeymoon on Regent Explorer?

Hi! My fiancée and I are beginning to think about our honeymoon and we are considering the Mediterranean on the Regent Explorer in 2017. I have been on several Silversea and Seabourn trips with my parents and brothers, but never with my fiancée/traveling as a couple.

I know every voyage is different, but could someone please elaborate on the typical, expected social environment on board? Any forum members happen to honeymoon onboard a Regent ship? Any remember meeting couples on their honeymoon while on board? Were they having fun?

Thanks in advance for your time, I appreciate any and all input.

Hi! My fiancée and I are beginning to think about our honeymoon and we are considering the Mediterranean on the Regent Explorer in 2017. I have been on several Silversea and Seabourn trips with my parents and brothers, but never with my fiancée/traveling as a couple.

I know every voyage is different, but could someone please elaborate on the typical, expected social environment on board? Any forum members happen to honeymoon onboard a Regent ship? Any remember meeting couples on their honeymoon while on board? Were they having fun?

I don't know your age, but I would worry that it might be a bit sedate. But then again, perhaps that's what you want. If you've been on Silversea and Seabourn then you know what those lines are like; Regent is similar. If this is your style, you'll have a great time. I've met honeymoon couples many times on the Paul Gauguin, in Tahiti. This is a dream location for a honeymoon, but even that ship has an older demographic, and some honeymoon couples have found it a bit isolating for them, frankly.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I'm pretty sure that I've met honeymooning couples on Regent cruises before, but to be honest you're much more likely to find couples on anniversary cruises - often it's a milestone anniversary (25, 30, 50 years or more) and as you probably know, the demographics skew somewhat older on the luxury lines.

That said, if you're comfortable hanging out with an older crowd in the evenings, it's tough to beat a nice luxury cruise in the Med for a honeymoon, I think. You'll have plenty to keep you busy during the day and most of the bars empty out by 11:00 or 12:00 on board. That might be a plus on a honeymoon, though. :)

Only you can decide what you want your honeymoon to be like, and you'd definitely get pampered while on board. FWIW, my daughter is getting married later this month and she wanted to go on a Regent cruise for her honeymoon (they're both 23) - until she saw the price. Even with our help, it wasn't in her budget. She's sailed Regent with us once before so she knew what the ships were like and she was convinced it would have been great for her...but they're looking more at down payments for a house, so the cruise got shifted out a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

I met a couple from Australia. They were enjoying the cruise enough to have booked another on board before the half way mark. They were really enjoying the cruise when I explained what alcohols they could have in their room and that they didn't have to suffer with whatever they were initially provided.