Can I iron my clothes myself?

Borrillje

Hi!

We are going on a 7 day cruise on Windstar next month. For just 7 days, I don't see the point in investing in their pricey laundry package. That said - I do like to press my clothes when the come out of the suitcase.

We've cruised on Carnival and Royal in the past, both of which have irons available. Does anyone know if Windstar either has an iron available or will allow guests to bring small travel irons aboard?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I often have my laundry done on the ship and I have never bought the package. It is very reasonable and of excellent quality. They wash my clothes cold, they line dry and when I only need ironing that is also done. I love the service. I would never carry an iron ( I never check bags, all carry on and never full). Great service. Happy Sailing. Susanne

• 2 weeks later...

A small light weight [portable] cloths steamer can do 80 - 90% of what an iron can do and they don't pose a fire hazard like a flat iron. Most travel steamers are also switchable between 110 - 240 volt as well.

There are several lightweight travel steamers available these days. Few if any are expensive.

These compact steamers work very well in removing that 'slept in look' your suitcase or carry on bag has imparted on your cloths ;). I wouldn't travel without one.