Evening Entertainment etc

BABBY

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone can tell me what the evening entertainment is like on P&O and what is a good ship for adults and what entertainment they have and is it every evening

We have been on Celebrity/RCI/Thomsons and have liked them all but like the evening entertainment on Thomsons as there is lots going on until late, so wondered how p&o compared with Thomsons on everything

Thank you

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone can tell me what the evening entertainment is like on P&O and what is a good ship for adults and what entertainment they have and is it every evening

We have been on Celebrity/RCI/Thomsons and have liked them all but like the evening entertainment on Thomsons as there is lots going on until late, so wondered how p&o compared with Thomsons on everything

Thank you

Hello,

I haven't cruised with Celebrity or Thomsons so unfortunately, cannot comment on comparisons between their entertainment & P&O's.

You will find that there is entertainment every evening, whether it be a show by the resident theatre company or a 'special guest' in the main theatre. There can be 2 or 3 showings depending on the size of the ship & what is on that particular night so hopefully everyone gets to see it.

My Husband & I (mid 40's) love the bigger ships, Azura, Ventura & Britannia & find there is always something going on to keep us entertained all evening.

All 3 ships are classed as 'family friendly' & whilst we do not have children we don't find that going on a 'family friendly' ship impacts our evening entertainment in any way.

I've provided links below to a copy of the daily Horizon magazine which I took whilst on a ship visit to Britannia on 2nd May.

Hopefully, this will give you an idea of the sort of thing to expect.

I hope this helps.

Horizon ~ Saturday 2nd May 2015

Joan

We've done 6 Thomson and 4 P&O. There are similarities in that there are theatre shows most evenings and at least one other alternative venue. Until recently on Britannia, we have always preferred Thomsons performers to P&Os Headliners. On both Ventura and Britannia the theatre stages have fantastic bells and whistles to enhance the performances. Thomson use Peel Entertainment to supply their young singers and dancers and consistently have a fantastic product, P&O's people (the ones we have seen) are not of the same calibre. The vocalists on Thomsons have been particularly good. However on Britannia, they were fantastic - very different from those we have seen on Ventura and Oriana - and the stage setup was fantastic. Guest artistes on P&O have been good in our experience - we recently saw The Overtones!

I can't really compare the P&O ships I've been on to the Thomson ships I've experienced as it's not comparing like with like but I think it's highly unlikely we would ever do Thomsons again.

You probably know that P&O have adult-only ships but any ship will have less children in term time.

We did a Transatlantic on Ventura and loved being on a big ship during all those sea days. The pools were wonderful, we played quoits and had a laugh, I giggled like a naughty child in the choir, had a go at ballroom dancing - bigger ships give you more options. Certainly on the ships we've been on, there's been people drinking and chatting until very late. Can't recommend P&O highly enough.

We was on the Oceania in march entertainment was in one word awful we are on the azura in the Caribbean flying out boxing day this year and I hope the entertainment is a lot better.also we was on the Thomson majesty in may and the entertainment was really good but ship was poor

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Britannia and they have a separate production company for their shows in the theatre and also their Britannia Beats deck show which premiered on cruise B510.

Guest artists included Ruthie Henshaw, The Opera Boys, Daniel Boys and the Patriot Girls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have been on both P & O and RCI and although we have loved all cruises with both in our opinion the entertainment on P & O flows a lot better. In you eat on early sitting or early on freedom dinning you can catch the first theatre show at 8.30 which is very similar acts and theatre company to RCI. You can then go to the Tamarind (on Ventura) for show starting at about 9.45 and if you leave a bit early you can catch the show in the Havana at 10.30. On other P & O ships have done similar and caught a few if not 3 shows every evening.

If you are really unlucky you might get two nights out of seven of Tom O'Connor like we did.

Really surprised to read this. We didn't expect to like his shows but loved them. We thought he was the best comedian we'd seen on a ship and we laughed from start to finish. He didn't pick on the audience for cheap laughs and his one-liners were hilarious, but then we don't like the comedians who think if they use the F- word, they'll get a laugh.

In response to the OP, we think the entertainment on P&O is better than Celebrity by a mile. There's show lounges on P&O which offer more and better options and the entertainment in the bars is livelier than the barber-shops or muzak on Celeb. We loved the ice-show on RCI but prefer P&O entertainment otherwise.