Purchasing Cheers then switching rooms

TxChick

We are cruising with a few other couples and some of the ladies don't drink. Can you put the guys in one too, purchase cheers online, then switch rooms while onboard? I'm just curious if the account and/or rooms are flagged.

Yes, you can... Many pvp's suggest this... I am sure some rule "sticklers" will come along and tell you how wrong it is to do this, but it is done all the time and if it benefits you, I say go for it... There is nothing in the rules that specifically prohibit this...

I was going to don't he same thing on the Valor. It's my parents in one cabin and my DD18 and I in the other. Our problem: I drink, mom drinks, my Dad has 2 and he's done. So we were going to book DD18 in cabin w my dad and mom and me in the other. We were going to prepurchase CHEERS package and then once on board switch cabins ourselves. But we realized what a pain in the @ss it was going to be w room keys and spending acts so we decided to not even attempt it.

Im sure others have attempted this and succeeded but I didn't want all the headaches until we actually did. Good luck to those that do this. Maybe you can post a few tips.

Well, since Carnival reads these boards, I'm sure that they will start flagging them soon.

Bob

It's only a problem if the OP is planning on "sharing" with passangers in the other Cabin. If not then no rules are being broken and Carnival will have no issue.

I was going to don't he same thing on the Valor. It's my parents in one cabin and my DD18 and I in the other. Our problem: I drink, mom drinks, my Dad has 2 and he's done. So we were going to book DD18 in cabin w my dad and mom and me in the other. We were going to prepurchase CHEERS package and then once on board switch cabins ourselves. But we realized what a pain in the @ss it was going to be w room keys and spending acts so we decided to not even attempt it.

Im sure others have attempted this and succeeded but I didn't want all the headaches until we actually did. Good luck to those that do this. Maybe you can post a few tips.

Switching is easy... You don't actually mess with the sign and sail accounts, you just ALL go to guest services and get an extra key for the DD and dad and sleep where you like... For that amount of $ it would be worth it IMO

It's only a problem if the OP is planning on "sharing" with passangers in the other Cabin. If not then no rules are being broken and Carnival will have no issue.

No they aren't. The guys drink and want cheers because they drink and cheers is a better deal, the woman might drink one a day so they will purchase it on s&s.

Switching is easy... You don't actually mess with the sign and sail accounts, you just ALL go to guest services and get an extra key for the DD and dad and sleep where you like... For that amount of $ it would be worth it IMO

Makes sense I guess. I just worry that DD will charge something and my parents will be billed for it bc my dad would flip out. Smh lol

Makes sense I guess. I just worry that DD will charge something and my parents will be billed for it bc my dad would flip out. Smh lol

You can set up her S&S account to be charged under your card. There is a spot during online check in to have a Minor's account in another cabin your responsibility.

No they aren't. The guys drink and want cheers because they drink and cheers is a better deal, the woman might drink one a day so they will purchase it on s&s.

What's wrong with that ? No where does it say in T&C that spouses have to share same cabin. As long as they are do not share any of their drinks then no rules are being broken. I say go for it !!

Edited by NYcruzzer

What's wrong with that ? No where does it say in T&C that spouses have to share same cabin. As long as they are do not share any of their drinks then no rules are being broken. I say go for it !!

I agree. It's no different than a PVP or CSR telling you to book one past guest in each cabin so the newbies can get the lower rate. It happens all the time. As long as they aren't sharing the package which is against the rules, it's all perfectly legal.

Well, yes and no. There is certainly the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, and I think I am right about them making changes depending on the amount of cheating going on. Right now the verbiage says that all people assigned to the cabin must purchase it. One could argue that a cabin switch does not necessarily constitute a change of assignment. However, it could also be fairly argued that a switch IS a change of assignment. The former is the letter of the law, and the latter is the spirit of the law. If Carnival feels that this is happening too much, they will change the verbiage to say that both people occupying a cabin much have purchased cheers. Their next step will be to flag cabins occupied by John Doe and Steve Roe who are linked with Jane Doe and Sylvia Roe.

I could be wrong, but when the new bottle ban took place and the defense was that you could buy a 12 pack of water for only $2.99, I immediately said that the introductory price was just to keep people from complaining too loudly. I, correctly, predicted that the price would steadily increase until they were hitting the profit they wanted. 6 months later, the water was up a dollar. And I don't think we have seen the last price increase.

Whenever people take advantage of a loophole in Carnival policy, they tend to change them. As I posited in my first response, I believe Carnival will change this one too. And the change will certainly be hastened by blatant advertising of the abuse.

Bob

You can set up her S&S account to be charged under your card. There is a spot during online check in to have a Minor's account in another cabin your responsibility.

Ohhh ok, never knew that. Maybe next cruise we will try it bc we've already passed final payment for July cruise. But thanks for the tip. :)

We are cruising with a few other couples and some of the ladies don't drink. Can you put the guys in one too, purchase cheers online, then switch rooms while onboard? I'm just curious if the account and/or rooms are flagged.

Sure can. Book all the drinkers separately from the non drinkers. Once on board go to guest services and get extra room keys for what's needed.

I agree. It's no different than a PVP or CSR telling you to book one past guest in each cabin so the newbies can get the lower rate. It happens all the time. As long as they aren't sharing the package which is against the rules, it's all perfectly legal.

Exactly.

Ohhh ok, never knew that. Maybe next cruise we will try it bc we've already passed final payment for July cruise. But thanks for the tip. :)

You can set up and change the spending accounts whenever you want--even when on board. There is no time limit. You can even go on and just make your DD's account a cash account and put the money you want her to have on it when you check in. THen she has her limit and when she has spent that, she is done.

Edited by bingomamma19

Well, yes and no. There is certainly the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, and I think I am right about them making changes depending on the amount of cheating going on. Right now the verbiage says that all people assigned to the cabin must purchase it. One could argue that a cabin switch does not necessarily constitute a change of assignment. However, it could also be fairly argued that a switch IS a change of assignment. The former is the letter of the law, and the latter is the spirit of the law. If Carnival feels that this is happening too much, they will change the verbiage to say that both people occupying a cabin much have purchased cheers. Their next step will be to flag cabins occupied by John Doe and Steve Roe who are linked with Jane Doe and Sylvia Roe.

I could be wrong, but when the new bottle ban took place and the defense was that you could buy a 12 pack of water for only $2.99, I immediately said that the introductory price was just to keep people from complaining too loudly. I, correctly, predicted that the price would steadily increase until they were hitting the profit they wanted. 6 months later, the water was up a dollar. And I don't think we have seen the last price increase.

Whenever people take advantage of a loophole in Carnival policy, they tend to change them. As I posited in my first response, I believe Carnival will change this one too. And the change will certainly be hastened by blatant advertising of the abuse.

Bob

There is ABSOLUTELY no abuse or rule breaking with putting the drinkers officially in one room and the non drinkers in another.

We also do this with pack n play offers that my mom and I both get---we each officially book a free room, but we stay in the same room and have another couple come along to stay in the other. My PVP is well aware of it and knows exactly how to set that up.

Super easy to go to guest services and get the extra room keys so the appropriate parties can stay with each other once on board. Happens time and time again. Carnival is well aware of it--no secret

We did this type of thing when we used my husband's military discount. I was in one room with friend's wife, then my husband was in another room with friend's husband. PVP set it up for us. The room steward was really confused when we told him to put the beds together.

And technically speaking we are talking about a "POLICY" not a "LAW" as laws must be a ratified regulating action which can be enforced... Sharing and any other "violations" cannot be punished, just the privilege can be withheld (i.e. They cannot take legal action or arrest or detain you for violations)...