Annoying junk mail from Norwegian

eddmel

I keep getting junk mail from them wanting me to book a cruise. I guess this is a result of them buying Oceania.

They say they can't find me in their system to stop it.

The thought of a Norwegian cruise makes me cringe.

I keep getting junk mail from them wanting me to book a cruise. I guess this is a result of NCL buying Oceania.

The thought of an Oceana cruise makes me cringe.

Words in purple were altered from the original post.

It's obvious the mailing lists have been shared for cross-marketing purposes. I doubt it will bear much fruit for either.

Edited by old sole

So? I've been getting junk mail from Oceania and Regent for years...long before the recent merger with NCLH...and have never have cruised with them but I have cruised with NCL.

They've been in the same corporate "family" for years as Apollo Management controlled both NCLH and PCH long before the recent merger.

When you book something with any of the companies if you read the fine print they're permitted to share marketing information with affiliated companies.

Words in purple were altered from the original post.

It's obvious the mailing lists have been shared for cross-marketing purposes. I doubt it will bear much fruit for either.

Woo hoo! Finally, open warfare! Blood in the water! Hooray!

Just kidding.

Simply wanted to point out that the cruise line you deplore is OCEANIA not OCEANA. I understand there is actually an Oceana. But Oceania is the one you hate.

Teach your grandchildren well.

Happy sailing

Donna

Well I have had good trips on both. Now I get two final sail mags from Oceania almost each day but very little from NCL. Perhaps if FDR cut out all the junk mail he could cut out the 7.95$ room service charge on NCL and give a hot room service breakfast to all on Oceania.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Woo hoo! Finally, open warfare! Blood in the water! Hooray!

Just kidding.

Simply wanted to point out that the cruise line you deplore is OCEANIA not OCEANA. I understand there is actually an Oceana. But Oceania is the one you hate.

Teach your grandchildren well.

Happy sailing

Donna

Just trying to poke a little fun, and obviously failing.

Thanks for the correction on the name of the line though, I would have made that mistake forever otherwise.

Fair winds and following seas!

Just trying to poke a little fun, and obviously failing.

Thanks for the correction on the name of the line though, I would have made that mistake forever otherwise.

Fair winds and following seas!

Well I got it, and thought you made the point well (apart from the spelling which I didn't notice :)).

Well I got it, and thought you made the point well (apart from the spelling which I didn't notice :)).

Did you also "get" Toranuts's equally pithy response?

"Teach your grandchildren well", I wish that I'd said that ........ I chuckled for a full ten minutes.

-and by the way, people who call the line Oceana, MAY just be getting us confused with that P&O ship.

OCEANA-PLAIN.jpg so it isn't necessarily a spelling correction.

Edited by StanandJim

Yes, indeed I did get Donna's post - the clue was in the "just kidding!", and the whole post seemed funny to me.

I hadn't noticed old sole on here before and wanted to be welcoming. I also thought it was an interesting point of view.

I suspect that some of the people calling the line Oceana have probably listened to the way FDR and many of his staff pronounce it :)!

There is, I'm sure, truth in what you say - whenever anyone asks me who I'm sailing with I feel I have to make a point of saying "Ocean-ee-a, not the P&O boat". I know more people who sail P&O than Oceania.

What a shame they couldn't come up with an original name!

SellaVee, putting on her tin hat and running for cover.

I keep getting junk mail from them wanting me to book a cruise. I guess this is a result of them buying Oceania.

The thought of a Norwegian cruise makes me cringe.

Here is a earlier post of yours.

"We are on the Riviera right now.

Earlier today we observed 2 babies and a toddler all in diapers in the pool and jacuzzi.

On other cruise lines this is not allowed in the adult pool".

You are correct, NCL would not allow this. :D