Staggered boarding times

cruznjan

No such thing as staggered boarding time. Boarding begins when they are ready and you are called by zone after FTTF/Plat/Diamond.

As far as staggered CHECK IN, wait until people start getting heat stroke in Miami and they will change the policy. Miami has been a hot mess for a while.

Edited by LMaxwell

No such thing as staggered boarding time. Boarding begins when they are ready and you are called by zone after FTTF/Plat/Diamond.

As far as staggered CHECK IN, wait until people start getting heat stroke in Miami and they will change the policy. Miami has been a hot mess for a while.

Good point, I read "staggered" and didn't notice they said boarding, and not check in.

Absolutely right about Miami in the middle of Summer....95 degrees with 98% humidity on some days....Here is the part that makes me shake my head. Let's say you are NOT Diamond/Platinum/FTTF and are not part of a wedding party. You get a check in time of say 12:30....What would possibly possess you to show up at 10:30....if this sounds familiar, you deserve to be hot, sweaty and stuck outside

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

You are correct it is check in. If people follow the guidelines it will work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems like it's a mess when it first gets rolled out at each port until people learn that Carnival is enforcing the policy and if you arrive early you will be waiting outside until your assigned time.

I'm Platinum and can check in any time, so it doesn't affect me directly, but it appears regular boarding is much saner and less chaotic than it used to be once a port has been doing staggered check-in for a while.

I stand corrected.

Absolutely right about Miami in the middle of Summer....95 degrees with 98% humidity on some days....Here is the part that makes me shake my head. Let's say you are NOT Diamond/Platinum/FTTF and are not part of a wedding party. You get a check in time of say 12:30....What would possibly possess you to show up at 10:30....if this sounds familiar, you deserve to be hot, sweaty and stuck outside

I've witnessed several guests pass out because they were out in the sun for too long here in Miami.

I personally don't like it because we make guest wait outside in the heat and its complete chaos outside the terminals.

I recommend to get early (before noon) or the 2-2:30 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've witnessed several guests pass out because they were out in the sun for too long here in Miami.

I personally don't like it because we make guest wait outside in the heat and its complete chaos outside the terminals.

I recommend to get early (before noon) or the 2-2:30 times.

Your suggestion means congestion, if everyone follow directions everything works. If you have 10:30 and get there 10:30 no issues. If you have 1:00pm same, easy peasy.

Your suggestion means congestion, if everyone follow directions everything works. If you have 10:30 and get there 10:30 no issues. If you have 1:00pm same, easy peasy.

That's the problem no one follows their time.

I work at Port Miami so I have a firsthand look at how the operation works.

The early check in time groups are the smallest since boarding hasn't begun and these guests will have to wait inside. It gets crowded. If boarding hasn't started by noon, and the terminal is full to capacity the process is delayed, causing chaos and crowding outside. The 12-12:30 and 12:30-1:00 are the largest groups for check in time.

My suggestion is simply, if you don't have Priority or FTTF, and don't want to wait outside choose an early time or a late (2pm) time and arrive at the scheduled time.

The early check in time groups are the smallest since boarding hasn't begun and these guests will have to wait inside. It gets crowded. If boarding hasn't started by noon, and the terminal is full to capacity the process is delayed, causing chaos and crowding outside. The 12-12:30 and 12:30-1:00 are the largest groups for check in time.

My suggestion is simply, if you don't have Priority or FTTF, and don't want to wait outside choose an early time or a late (2pm) time and arrive at the scheduled time.

I understood your point. The problem is that if everyone decides when to come to check in the overcrowding you talk about happens at 10:30. Most want to get on the ship ASAP. I do agree that if you wait till 2 there will be no lines (not so any earlier).

I understood your point. The problem is that if everyone decides when to come to check in the overcrowding you talk about happens at 10:30. Most want to get on the ship ASAP. I do agree that if you wait till 2 there will be no lines (not so any earlier).

Actually, the staggered check-in time system will only allow guest to choose from available time slots.

Carnival only makes certain amount of slots available. The 10:30 check in slot is the smallest in quantity, and once all those available slots are taken by guests, the 10:30 option will not be available online.

Therefore it's impossible for everyone to choose the 10:30am check in time; you just need to choose it as soon as it becomes available online and before they are all taken.

I'm not sure if that is clear enough, but think of a restaurant reservation. The restaurant will take less reservations during slow hours because they have less wait staff but will open up more reservations and tables during peak hours.

The system is designed to function effectively as long as everyone arrives at their assigned check in time and there are no delays for boarding.

I have a feeling I am going to get flamed for this:

The reason they have the staggered check-in time is the same reason you can no longer take on bottled water. People think that the rules don't apply to them. If you don't believe me, you can read people's posts.

People have been saying for years that even though your paperwork says to not show to the port until 1PM, go ahead and show up at 10AM. Carnival eventually had to do something about this, and unfortunately, due to people not following instructions, this is the result. For years, people have been posting ways to get around Carnival's rules -- all of which are posted on this site.

I agree with the above poster that if you have a 1PM check-in time and show to the port at 10AM, you do deserve to sit outside in the hot sun. If you don't want to sit in the hot sun and humidity of Miami and have to be out of your hotel by a certain time, there are plenty of things to do in the area of the port. If you have an early flight arrival, go ahead and drop off your bags at the port and head out and discover the city.

Oh, and if you are wondering why I went there with the bottled water, if people didn't continually attempt to sneak liquor on board the ship (including putting liquor in water bottles), that policy never would have been put into place. And before anyone asks, I am not platinum, I am a mere gold and check diligently every day for FTTF.

Let the flaming begin!!!!!

The reason they have the staggered check-in time is the same reason you can no longer take on bottled water. People think that the rules don't apply to them. If you don't believe me, you can read people's posts.

People have been saying for years that even though your paperwork says to not show to the port until 1PM, go ahead and show up at 10AM. Carnival eventually had to do something about this, and unfortunately, due to people not following instructions, this is the result. For years, people have been posting ways to get around Carnival's rules -- all of which are posted on this site.

I agree with the above poster that if you have a 1PM check-in time and show to the port at 10AM, you do deserve to sit outside in the hot sun. If you don't want to sit in the hot sun and humidity of Miami and have to be out of your hotel by a certain time, there are plenty of things to do in the area of the port. If you have an early flight arrival, go ahead and drop off your bags at the port and head out and discover the city.

Oh, and if you are wondering why I went there with the bottled water, if people didn't continually attempt to sneak liquor on board the ship (including putting liquor in water bottles), that policy never would have been put into place. And before anyone asks, I am not platinum, I am a mere gold and check diligently every day for FTTF.

No flaming from me. I agree with all you said.

Sue

Actually, the staggered check-in time system will only allow guest to choose from available time slots.

Carnival only makes certain amount of slots available. The 10:30 check in slot is the smallest in quantity, and once all those available slots are taken by guests, the 10:30 option will not be available online.

Therefore it's impossible for everyone to choose the 10:30am check in time; you just need to choose it as soon as it becomes available online and before they are all taken.

I'm not sure if that is clear enough, but think of a restaurant reservation. The restaurant will take less reservations during slow hours because they have less wait staff but will open up more reservations and tables during peak hours.

The system is designed to function effectively as long as everyone arrives at their assigned check in time and there are no delays for boarding.

I agree,it works. I was alluding to a comment that suggested that they should all go early.

The first group will also probably have a lot of Priority & FTTF people besides those who were able to sign up for the early time. And yes, it will get very full inside of the terminal before they begin the actual boarding.

So at the time of booking, if there are no early time slots available and you then purchase a cabana, you cannot board early to be sure you get your pick of cabanas?:confused:

I am not saying to do this; I am just trying to figure out what my options would be. So please don't flame me.

Nailed it!!!! Well said

Edited by First and Ten

So at the time of booking, if there are no early time slots available and you then purchase a cabana, you cannot board early to be sure you get your pick of cabanas?:confused:

I am not saying to do this; I am just trying to figure out what my options would be. So please don't flame me.

From what I know about the cabanas, if you reserve one you will have one, but you get to pick the actual cabana # when you get on board and go to GS....so in theory, you may not get your lucky number cabana and would have to take what's left (aren't all the cabanas the same dimensions with the same amenities?)

Edited by First and Ten