correct currency

p0240

Hi

We will be in Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo, for 3 nights at each, all of which have different Kroner. Do we need to have the different Danish, Swedish and Norwegian Kroner or do they take euros? I am thinking of simple purchases, coffee, snacks etc.

thank you for your help

Pat

Cannot address Copenhagen but spent 2 weeks in Sweden and Norway last year. Sweden is virtually a cash free society. I had a difficult time using up the kroners I acquired. Even for small convenience purchases, a bottle of water., a snack everyone just wanted CCs. Norway was a little less of an issue but credit cards were still #1 and I rarely saw locals using cash. If you do withdraw currency I would keep the amount small.

A card free of overseas transaction fees is the best bet.

I have been trying to find one, but they all seem to have 2 or 3% fee, unless you mean a travel cash card?

I have been trying to find one, but they all seem to have 2 or 3% fee, unless you mean a travel cash card?

Ours is through our Building Society, many recommend 28 degrees. (pretty sure I've got that name right).

Edited by GUT2407

Try Barclays. It is actually chip and pin although it defaults to signature first . My version has no exchange fee, not sure of others.

Another thing depending on where you fly home from. Most large European airport shops will take multiple currencies, bills only, and will even aggregate them for your purchases so you can clean out leftover kroners there.

Try Barclays. It is actually chip and pin although it defaults to signature first . My version has no exchange fee, not sure of others.

Barclays is not available in Australia and all our cards are chip and pin [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app