Questions on water taxi service

AudacesJuvat

This service:

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/

seems to be the most highly recommended on this forum, but one of the travel review sites has some rather scathing reports of them ditching travellers short of their destinations, holding luggage hostage, etc. Has anyone here had problems using them before? I would prefer not to deal with luggage, crowds, etc, on the airport boats after a long flight.

Thanks.

I think spotty service is just the nature of the transportation business. Whether it's a taxi in Seattle or a cab in NYC or water taxi in Venice ..... your service is dependent on whichever driver you happen to get. Just the luck of the draw.

That's just one of the two or three main water taxi companies. I never know who I'm getting, just book at the desk at the airport. I think it's less trouble and you're never left wondering if they'll show up.

Can you pay with Credit Card? And, is the desk inside the airport or at the dock with the water taxis? Thanks

There's a desk in the airport, as I understand it. I was wondering if anyone had booked online? If so, how did that work out?

I did book online via veniceconnected for a 10 euro discount but still had to find desk at airport to exchange voucher.

the airport is very small so easy to find desk.We were given a ticket which told us which number water taxi we had.

Then its a 10 minute walk to the dock where someone will help you and your luggage onto the boat

• 3 weeks later...
This service:

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/

seems to be the most highly recommended on this forum, but one of the travel review sites has some rather scathing reports of them ditching travellers short of their destinations, holding luggage hostage, etc. Has anyone here had problems using them before? I would prefer not to deal with luggage, crowds, etc, on the airport boats after a long flight.

Thanks.

Just wanted everyone to know that I booked before leaving home and it was ten Euros less. No problem at all. Wouldn't travel any other way in Venice.