Door Decorating - Carnival setting standards

Sharing from John's page:

There is a call this week with the beards about door decorating as we need to set some standards on what we do and don't allow. Please don't worry, we are not going to stop it but we have to make sure we have some guide lines for you.

But for now I need to ask:

Do you decorate your cabin door?

Please answer yes or no.

cheers

I decorate my cabin door-good question, tho, about decorating a hotel door? Mainly because I don't spend that much time in my hotel room, the room is part of the destination, and I don't make my hotel room my "home" for a week.

I love looking at everyone's decorations, the only time i have ever had a problem with decorations, was a cabin covered with streamers, and any time any one on that part of the deck opened the door, the streamers attacked you.

I do realize we should have responded to John's site, wonder if he comes in on here?

I wonder if he means restricting what type of material can be put out there or enforcing what can be used to hang your decorations?

I don't decorate so it doesn't really affect me, but I know this will be a hot topic as many do!

Love door decorating. Each cruise we pick a different theme. It is never more than some of that accordion tissue that folds out to a pineapple or a flamingo. But our two younger girls love to spot our cabin down long hallways. Plus, I think it adds to the festive feel. We do, however, COMPLETELY clean it up on the last night and never leave anything on the door.

Will shorten a long story.

B2B for Thanksgiving Legend.

Kids coming for second week 3 cabins.

Last minute started looking for something for the doors. All I could find was Christmas.

Found big paper plates with a big turkey on them ( Think Thanksgiving )

The mornin' before the kids get on I go around the ship & stick a plate on their cabin door. ;)

Tacky :rolleyes: Granddaughter told me later that they thought that they had won something & couldn't believe how cheap CARNIVAL was. :eek:

This was in 2013 before the Legend left us.

Char

Yes and we enjoy seeing others decorated. Never seen anything offensive and am saddened to hear there are some who are ruining it for the rest of us.

There are some good Pinterest boards that have lots of door decorating samples.

Sounds like maybe they will just ask people to tone it down? Hopefully that is the case, I don't mind decorated doors, I don't do it myself other than a tropical flower hair clip on the mailbox, but I do like looking at others. I hate having to fight my way through streamers and balloons when people go overboard though - first few days is ok but gets annoying after a few days.

We usually put something on the door to make it easier to find our cabin, but we never do balloons/streamers or anything over the top. I like to see some of the ideas my fellow cruisers come up with to decorate.

I only decorated once and that was for my daughters sweet 16 but it was a pretty birthday banner, but nothing huge. It was a surprise for her and she loved it! I like seeing the other doors too and have never noticed anything offensive so far.

I would never decorate a hotel door so why a cabin door?

Because a cruise is so much more festive than staying in a hotel. I also feel like my cabin is my temporary home where as I never really bond with my hotel room or for that matter fellow "neighbors" in a hotel.

I only use the cling on things made for glass doors, they leave no residue and you can get a large variety of themes/

If you're referring to the flat, vinyl clings those are probably fine.

BUT, the gel clings that many people use on windows do stain porous surfaces.

Sharing from John's page:

There is a call this week with the beards about door decorating as we need to set some standards on what we do and don't allow. Please don't worry, we are not going to stop it but we have to make sure we have some guide lines for you.

But for now I need to ask:

Do you decorate your cabin door?

Please answer yes or no.

cheers

We do..usually some kind of cardboard cut outs from the Dollar tree. Mostly so I can find my room late at night when I'm coming back from the piano bar. XD Nothing offensive..the last three trips it was some parrots and I think a couple of flamingos and maybe a palm tree.