When to call upsell?

danp2482

Yes, it varies by ship and cabin availability. I was told there were no upsells so on Friday when 3 H6 remained. When I called today, there was just 1 so I was able to snag it. I called 3-4 times a week over the past 3 weeks. Keep looking at inventory and calling.

Availability is good on my cruise. I got the impression they are just working through the dates and just haven't gotten to June dates on my particular ship.

(Jewel Alaska)

Perhaps I will call again Friday.

Edited by Tinknock50

I tried calling the Upsell dept. this week -- less than a month before my cruise.

The first day I waited on hold for about 15 minutes, then the phone started ringing, then 5 minutes later when someone picked up the phone, they immediately hung up. At that point I gave up for the day.

The next day I called a bit later in the day and waited on hold for 20+ minutes, then the phone rang for 5 minutes, then a human picked up the phone. Very nice person took my booking number and explained the offers available to me.

As a solo cruiser currently in a Studio cabin, the only offers available to me right now are Haven H5, H7, and H9 staterooms, at twice the typical per person rates. The offers were tempting, but not tempting enough. I asked, but they didn't have any balcony or other non-Haven offers right now.

Maybe if I can convince my friend to join me on the cruise, it will be worth considering. For now, I'll stick with my cozy little studio cabin. :)

Edited by JustAllie

I tried to call today. It just said the mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message.:(

Same here....

I have also noticed that my ship is beginning to fill so an upsell will probably not happen for me.

Getaway? Can you give details? I was planning to call next week. Thanks!

Yes, 5/29 Getaway. I have been calling the upsell number for weeks and told "we don't have any upsells...try back." Well, I noticed the Haven suites were almost all gone so tried again on Monday. To my surprise, they had one Aft. Of course, I took it. We settled on $750 pp or $1,500 total. It was more than I wanted to spend, but a nice surprise for the family....

Edited by Luxurycruise2

Same here....

I have also noticed that my ship is beginning to fill so an upsell will probably not happen for me.

I got through today and said they haven't gotten into June yet and to wait until a couple of weeks before. Also said they will send out emails too.

I notice the BC category is sold out today so I don't see us being upgraded to a handicap cabin that we need there.

Unless....... maybe they will upsell people there to higher categories which may mean 2 weeks out there might be something?

do u have a PCC you deal with exclusively? if not, try to find one. Step two is usually 2 weeks before call. Sometimes my guy says next week, and def by thursday before you sail, but your pcc will know....

In mini on BA 5/29 called today for H9 haven spa suite and was quoted $1500pp. I was shocked when they still have 10 cabins. I guess being I was CAS comp they aren't willing to go lower.

Still way too early to expect good deals...... you're 3 weeks out.

do u have a PCC you deal with exclusively? if not, try to find one. Step two is usually 2 weeks before call. Sometimes my guy says next week, and def by thursday before you sail, but your pcc will know....

PCC can circumvent the upsell process? I may be very wrong but I was told that the normal NCL PCC does not have access or ability to work the upsell since they are a completely different department

PCC can circumvent the upsell process? I may be very wrong but I was told that the normal NCL PCC does not have access or ability to work the upsell since they are a completely different department

I called my NCL PCC after my upsell and he was almost as excited as me. I have booked most of my cruises through him and he knew how disappointed I was when I booked the cruise the suites were starting at 2600pp.

unless thing have changed, my PCC has always gotten me an upgrade. The only official upsell offer i got was mini suite to Haven in Jan, and he told me about it before i got a postcard. Then, I was to call the upsell department...

path.... you notified your PCC so that leads me to believe he couldn't upsell you

mrobstad.... you use the word "upgrade" which a PCC can do but you still had to contact the upsell dept independently... so the PCC can do nothing for you concerning an upsell

Dont need a PCC to tell me to call the upsell department

Thanks for the feedback.. based on the two replies, the PCC still cannot book, hold, prioritize, or be involved to secure an upsell

path.... you notified your PCC so that leads me to believe he couldn't upsell you

mrobstad.... you use the word "upgrade" which a PCC can do but you still had to contact the upsell dept independently... so the PCC can do nothing for you concerning an upsell

Dont need a PCC to tell me to call the upsell department

Thanks for the feedback.. based on the two replies, the PCC still cannot book, hold, prioritize, or be involved to secure an upsell

I think you are right. This is my first cruise that I was able to upsell. When I did the first upsell, I forgot to ask about the suite luggage tags, I called my PCC and he had them sent to me because we were getting close to the sailing date. Now that I did another upsell, I took a sharpie, crossed out the number and wrote in the new number...I hope our luggage finds us, LOL!! That would be perfect, in the DOS and having to wear the same clothes every day!!

I think you are right. This is my first cruise that I was able to upsell. When I did the first upsell, I forgot to ask about the suite luggage tags, I called my PCC and he had them sent to me because we were getting close to the sailing date. Now that I did another upsell, I took a sharpie, crossed out the number and wrote in the new number...I hope our luggage finds us, LOL!! That would be perfect, in the DOS and having to wear the same clothes every day!!

That's outstanding..... bring lots of febreeze in your carry on lol

perhaps i had upgrades. not upsells.....

all i know is i book a stufio and get a balcony.

In january, i booked a studio and got a mini suite....only then, did i get s postcard from the official upsell department to upgrade to the Haven for $500.

Once or twice, i might have paid $100 to go from a studio to a balcony, but often there was no cost. I understand thats because the price i paid for the studio equalled the lower, closer to sailing, price of a balcony.

Upgrade or upsell?

Congrats...... how?

Well I was booked in an obstructed view outside for $2393 for two including tax. Now that it is less than a month out, NCL is dropping prices to fill the ship.

Balcony guarantees are currently selling for around 2293. So NCL was Ok with me switching.

Now I have a balcony!

Well I was booked in an obstructed view outside for $2393 for two including tax. Now that it is less than a month out, NCL is dropping prices to fill the ship.

Balcony guarantees are currently selling for around 2293. So NCL was Ok with me switching.

Now I have a balcony!

Wow....just got my cabin assignment and I am in a BA mid-ship!

Guess I am in the wrong thread now since I am not in an upsell situation. :)

Unless they give me a suite or something for $100 more, I am very happy!;)

Called today about my May 22 Getaway cruise. Wanted a spa balcony instead of my BX. Rep told me they only focused on Haven. Anybody have another experience?

I called last night (Monday) and they told me the same thing. They only concentrate on Haven bookings. That is their main priority.

hey, i can only speak about my experiences.....call your PCC....hopefully you have a relationship with one (tho not sure that really matters).

The only time i got an official upsell post card was when i had a minisuite (after 2 upgrades) and the department sent a card for the Haven.

If you paid rock bottom price, your ability to plead is diminished.