smoke issues Aqua class port

taosjellybean

Has anyone stayed in cabin 1119 infinity aqua class. Any problem with smoke from the bar port side on deck 10?

This is a coastal cruise May 11,2016. Which side will get less sun?Any info on how it docked in Santa Barbara, Monterrey, or San Francisco on prior sailings in terms of sunny side. Know all of those rooms can get a lot of sun.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Jo Ann

Don't know latest on smoking areas on each ship, but Celebrity is known for having the strictest prohibitions in the industry, so hopefully you won't have any issues. Santa Barbara and Monterey are both tender ports, so the ship could swing around its mooring quite a bit during the day. In all the ports, especially San Francisco, you will probably be very happy to get a little sun on your balcony - May on the coast is often grey and cool. It does sometimes surprise us with a hot spell, but it cools off rapidly towards late afternoon/evening. We just got off a coastal from San Diego to Vancouver, and it was very cool and cloudy for most of the trip.

We have recently disembarked the Infinity in San Francisco, she docked with the starboard side to the dock (as all the ships appear to do in SF). You can see the Golden Gate bridge in the distance. Alcatraz is port side as you cruise in.

We have been in cabins above the smoking areas and have never had any problems.

Our biggest issue was walking though the smoking section to get to the pool!! (We were on the Connie at the time)

Has anyone stayed in cabin 1119 infinity aqua class. Any problem with smoke from the bar port side on deck 10?

This is a coastal cruise May 11,2016. Which side will get less sun?Any info on how it docked in Santa Barbara, Monterrey, or San Francisco on prior sailings in terms of sunny side. Know all of those rooms can get a lot of sun.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Jo Ann

We recently stayed in 1103 port side in Summit to Bermuda and never smelled any smoke at all.

There is no overhang to those deck 11 balconies so sun and rain will be on your balcony. We sailed 28 days on Infinity in 1128 starboard from Ft Lauderdale - Panama Canal- Juneau - Seattle. You should count on sun for at least half the day. I have to avoid sun, so deck 9 would make more sense for me, but I love the light up there on 11.

I think, if any cabins would get smoke, they would be 1133,1139, or 1141. You shouldn't notice it in 1119.