Reasonably priced restaurants in Seattle

Herfnerd

We are staying a few days, post cruise in September and staying at the Moore. Looking for reasonably priced restaurants within easy walking distance (we won't have a car) worth checking out. Not interested in fast food chains. Possibly any Southern Chinese/Hong Kong/dim sum type restaurants close by.....

TIA

You're walkable to Westlake Center to pick up light rail to the International District/Chinatown Station (about a six minute ride). My value winner there is a place called Jade Garden, three blocks east of the station at the corner of 7th Ave and King Street. Daily dim sum, cheap dinners, excellent fresh seafood. That entire neighborhood is filled with cheap/good; the mix shifts more Vietnamese/SE Asian the farther east you go. Tamarind Tree is a perennial favorite.

You're walking distance to Pike Place Market, the South Lake Union Streetcar can get you over to SLU where a number of good options exist (Ba Bar, Cactus, Cuoco), you can walk to Serious Pie (upscale pizza from local celebrity restauranteur Tom Douglas), there's a new Din Tai Fung in Westlake Center.

Reasonable in Seattle is a tricky concept. Our menu prices are actually in the lower half for big city dining, but we have an astonishingly high sales tax that applies, so I've limited myself to places on my personal "cheaper end of the spectrum". Most of these places have menus online with pricing.

Please define "reasonable"! That is as vague a term as you can get!

More than cheap but less than expensive!

Let's say dinner for around $45 - enough to get us out of fast food and hole diners - maybe. I know "reasonable" can be vague but having never been to Seattle before, I don't know what is considered relevant. If I am too subjective, I could be limiting us so I guess I was asking what is reasonable in Seattle terms.......

I am not sure what time you like to eat but almost everywhere has an awesome happy hour in downtown (we just got off ship this morning and spent 4 days in downtown Seattle precruise). The Yard House, Tap House, The Pike just to name a few all had an extensive HH menu of food. We also noticed a lot of sushi and Thai options but our kids are picky...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that $45 for two with beverages tax and tip, or $45 each before tax title and license?

I actually spend more per month on dining out than my mortgage and property taxes combined, so I may have a skewed view.

Is that $45 for two with beverages tax and tip, or $45 each before tax title and license?

I actually spend more per month on dining out than my mortgage and property taxes combined, so I may have a skewed view.

That was $45 for two entrees, mebbe an app. Just threw a number out as I didn't know what meal prices are like in Seattle for casual dining.

More a month than you're mortgage?!?! Yeah - that might be a little skewed, lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pay close attention to the fine print. Seattle has a $15/hr minimum wage. It's being phased in, quickly for chains/franchises and slowly for small businesses, but it's underway. They have to pay a base $15 even for tipped jobs. Some restaurants have snuck in a surcharge. Others have abolished tipping (and raised prices, and created systems to recognize good service, etc.). Anything and everything is possible.

I'm fortunate to have a cheap mortgage. ;0)

The downtown core can get a little pricey; I would look towards the International District for cheap/good. I love Jade Garden, and there are decent choices in the food court at Uwajimaya. There are great cheap places around 12th and Jackson accessible via the streetcar, especially for Vietnamese and Szechuan. Seven Stars Pepper or Szechuanese Restaurant are good.

I also find myself at the two restaurants in the Nordstrom store downtown. Ivar's fish bar on the waterfront, Marination Ma Kai in West Seattle via the Water Taxi. Quality Athletics, any of the Skillet outposts, Serious Pie or Tutta Bella for pizza, Bakeman's for lunch (homemade bread and house-roasted while turkeys for sandwiches, homemade soups, cash only). Check eater.com for other ideas.