wine packages

The Mommy

Do P & O ever offer discount wine packages to purchase for the cruise in advance of sailing please?

I am sailing on Britannia in January

I cannot see anything on the web site

many thanks

If you scroll down the bottom of this page

http://www.pocruises.com/spa-and-leisure/#heading2

It says down load the gift packages (or similar)

do that then scroll down all of that , and at the end it mentions wine packages.

Mind you I am not 100% you can purchase prior to sailing.

We tend to do it when we board.

The price of wine is very reasonable on P&O and no gratuities are added. We always have their house red and a bottle of something different on formals. There is also more wine from round the world IMO. We've found in the past there was an emphasis on US wine on Celebrity - for obvious reasons!

Here's a link to the P&O website which shows the list

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/PO_Wine_List_

and this one shows you what packages are available

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/PO_Wine_Packages

Edited by tartanexile81

• 5 months later...
With the wine package, can you pick up a bottle from your bought package in the bars on the ship or just the dining room?

Thanks

We have alway bought the wine packages. It is possible to get wines at other places than the MDR but I feel they discourage it. We have managed to pre order champagne from one of our packages to drink in the glass house. Can't imagine why you would need to pre order especially in there but we did and it was easy enough. We have also successfully ordered a bottle of wine to have on deck with lunch but the waiter did have to go down to the restaurant for it....took around 15. Minutes which was fine. I think some are just happier to do it where as others can't be bothered.

We have alway bought the wine packages. It is possible to get wines at other places than the MDR but I feel they discourage it. We have managed to pre order champagne from one of our packages to drink in the glass house. Can't imagine why you would need to pre order especially in there but we did and it was easy enough. We have also successfully ordered a bottle of wine to have on deck with lunch but the waiter did have to go down to the restaurant for it....took around 15. Minutes which was fine. I think some are just happier to do it where as others can't be bothered.

Its definitely easier to get from the mdr but if you rang the wine line when onboard you can ask for it to be delivered elsewhere on the ship ( other restaurant or bar ). otherwise they have to go get it.... They changed the package so now you can order any bottle on the list each time as long as its available or keep ordering the same one your choice... if you pay for it onboard it comes off your OBC....