Drinks & Ice Cream packages - are they worth it?

frazzledmom

Hi everyone, we are shortly setting sail on the Azura (P&O). Just wondered if anyone knows if the drinks & ice cream packages are worth ordering in advance (Costa, soft drinks, wine & ice cream). Also, with the soft drinks package, is it all fizzy drinks? Our youngest doesn't like fizzy drinks but would drink orange juice, apple juice or iced tea - are these included?

Would really appreciate some advice from experienced cruisers please.

Many thanks,

Anne

There is info about the packages in the links below. The soft drink package is for fizzy drinks only. Apple juice and other juices are available during the morning in the self service buffet (as well as in the restaurant for breakfast).

I don’t think there is any benefit in buying advance, it is easy enough to do it on board.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drinks_package

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/ice_cream_package

Enjoy Azura!

Not aware of any benefit in pre purchase.

To us definitely good value, but others may not drink enough to make it pay.

It has been a while since we were on P&O, can't imagine it has changed enough for me not to get value

Like all things, it's friends on hire often you would normally use them.

My wife bought a Costa package card but struggled to use it even on a 14 day cruise. I ended up having to help her out on the last day.

But on the other hand, if you use it very often normally then it could be well worth it.

My post probably doesn't help too much but you can see what I am saying.

we always buy a soft drinks and coffee card, I mostly drink the soft drinks and my wife drinks the coffee, on a 14 day cruise we normally find them used up on the 12th or 13th day. Be aware though that the soft drinks only supply Pepsi, Coke has to be bought separately. It doesn't bother us but some may not be happy.

No need to pre purchase as they are very easy to get on board, the waiters will probably ask if you want to buy one when you order.

Never used an ice cream card as it is easily available in the restaurants and if you do fancy one on a hot day they are very tasty and not expensive

Have a good holiday.

Bill Lee

The ice cream package comes in the form of a twenty space punch card so you could give this to a younger child more safely than purchasing items with their cruise card. The ice creams which relate to the card are the very basic scoop with a few sprinkles on top if you want them. The ice cream kiosk does much bigger and nicer dishes but you cannot obtain these with the card!

Regards John

If you buy the soft drink package, do you get cans or is it just refills from the pump?

We looked at both packages prior to our last cruise and decided they weren't worth it. It's fizzy drinks from the pumps if I recall correctly, not cans or bottles.

We looked at both packages prior to our last cruise and decided they weren't worth it. It's fizzy drinks from the pumps if I recall correctly, not cans or bottles.

Yes, this is true pumps drinks on the soda package. I found the cheapest, per drink is to ask and pay for bottles of Pepsi. They are smallish but cost just £1.00 each whereas the pump equivalent was much higher for a small slightly larger volume pumped cola. If you take a bottle opener you can ask for unopened bottles as well. The bottles also avoid the chlorinated water which I find I get a slight taste of in their pumped drinks.

Regards John

Edited by john watson