Food Hero cruises

Velvetwater

Asking this on behalf of a relative

My great Uncle and his wife have booked a food hero cruise thats coming up in the summer and they are very excited but worried they wont get to see Marco or get to go to many events as they have heard about how busy everywhere gets with celebrity chefs and theres no seats etc. They also want to know if they can book anything in advance online or by phone. They are not too happy with the web but I am happy to do it for them if this is the case.

Any tips to calm them?

I don't cruise with P&O so don't know what the upcoming cruise webpage looks like.

Thanks!

We have seen a James Martin, Athol Kutcher and Eric Lanlard on our cruises. Not specifically because we wanted to go on a Food Hero cruise. The "audience with" are brilliant. James Martin was hiliarious with a really good Northern sense of humour! Eric talked about his early life as a pasrty chef and Athol was very funny. You may be lucky and have the same format? Id get in early though as I would imagine the theatre gets full quickly.

Hi, by chance we are on a cruise hat Eric Lanlard is there anything particular worth doing? We have seen the meals where you can watch them prepare a meal and then eat it (!) but am not sure if they are worth the cost !!!

Hi

When I was on a cruise with Marco he went to a different restaurant each night and posed to have his photo taken with anyone who wanted to. He was surprisingly charming! The talks were full but I wasn't bothered as I wanted to sunbathe. I am sure they will find opportunities to meet him

Regards

Cathy

The talks are busy but really interesting.

The restaurant bookings fill fast so tell him to book a sap. I think the restaurant booking open about 3 months in advance of the cruise but others on here can correct me if I am wrong. Failing that go to the restaurant in person on day 1 of the cruise as they always have at least some space / cancellations.

Marco Pierre White is particularly good at mingling with passengers and has endless patience signing books. You have to queue but he does not just scribble his name and send you packing, he actually takes the time to talk and write a personal inscription.

All the chefs are really pleasant and personable.

As an aside we used to like Gary Rhodes (restaurants no longer on P&O), he was always pleasant, entertaining and informative on a cruise.

• 4 weeks later...