A Secret I Didn't Know

babs135

Hello, We always eat late dinner and have drink in the Commodore.

The biggest problem we find is the waiters just keep on bringing food.

First crisps and a mixture of nuts, then cold canapes closely followed by hot ones. They will also, if you are not careful, replenish the crisps and nuts. Then dinner calls.

Rodger.

This made us laugh because it's so true! The freshly cooked crisps are wonderful.

We've known about it since our fist trip in 2004. It's usually publicized. Read about it in your daily paper or in your brochure. Sir Samuel's also has great pastries served as well.

I thought with the change to the Godiva chocolate bar on QM2 the pastries that used to be at Sir Samuels are now not available but have migrated to the Corinthia Lounge. The chocolate delicacies at Sir Samuels are chargeable items.

I may of course be talking through my hat :D

I thought with the change to the Godiva chocolate bar on QM2 the pastries that used to be at Sir Samuels are now not available but have migrated to the Corinthia Lounge. The chocolate delicacies at Sir Samuels are chargeable items.

I may of course be talking through my hat :D

That's true now, this thread was originally posted last year.

I love the hot canapés in Commodore Club.......Chart Room ok but cold .......

I am not disciplined in my eating habits unfortunately .......I go on every cruise telling myself I will eat a good breakfast, a light lunch and save myself for dinner.....

This usually ends up being a healthy breakfast about 7.00am.......then I go to the gym.....then meet hubby for brunch.......then fish and chips in sir Samuels for lunch even though we are not really hungry ....then we don't really want tea but perhaps just a sandwich or a cake......then the aforementioned canapés.....then dinner.........and have been known to have a bit of cheese for supper !

I don't eat the pillow chocolates though! After all I'm not greedy :-) :-) :-)

Ok - at what hour does this happen and at what time does it end? I am a late diner...

Cold Canapés in the 'Chart Room & Commodore club' ( Cafe Carinthia Q.Vic/QE) are automatically offered (including nuts & crisps) with all pre dinner drinks usually from 5.30pm -8.30pm

The service of Hot Canapés (only in the Commodore club) appear at 7.45pm

one quick round, if you blink you'll miss them.;)

• 2 weeks later...
Oh dear ! babs where have you been ;) it's not only in the Commodore Bar but also in the Chart room. ( across the fleet)

Cold Canapés are served in the Chart room during pre diner cocktails usually after 5pm and up until 8.30pm/ish .

Hot & cold Canapés are usually served in the Commodore Bar from about 7pm.

babs ..that's the beauty of Cunard line ;)

is that only on the crossings? Or on the regular sailings as well? sorry to ask but I'm "virgin" to Cunard

is that only on the crossings? Or on the regular sailings as well? sorry to ask but I'm "virgin" to Cunard

As Hattie says, across the fleet, on all itineraries and every evening. Unlike my experience on HAL earlier this year where a bottle of nuts were passed around the Bar Top for all to have a hand full. Not to mention the 18% additional service charge on a very poor cocktail made from ready pre mixed ingredients. ;)