Antigua

fue-fue

I too would be interested in any replies.....my hubby and his friend booked this excursion when we were on Ventura back in January this year, but unfortunately it was cancelled by PandO two days before the excursion date. Apparently it was cancelled due to lack of interest.....I'm just wondering if the £70 price tag had anything to do with it........

We did Nelsons Dockyard and enjoyed it, largely because when everyone else was queuing for free punch we found a lovely bar with a first floor balcony overlooking the sea, we sat there and I felt for that hour as if I was in paradise.

We did Nelsons Dockyard and enjoyed it, largely because when everyone else was queuing for free punch we found a lovely bar with a first floor balcony overlooking the sea, we sat there and I felt for that hour as if I was in paradise.

Do you have to pay to get into Nelson's Dockyard Florry?

If you visit independently, yes you do; but I can't recall how much it was. For those on ship's excursions I believe that it was included in the overall price. It really is beautiful. We intend to go up to Shirley Heights for a more panoramic view next time; but we thought Nelson's Dockyard was well worth the visit.

I couldn't agree more! It really was paradise. Sometimes when the weather at home is bad, I conjure up the view from Nelson's Dockyard in my mind again; gives me a lovely 'haaaa' feeling.

We also booked a trip with Lawrence of Antigua and we're certainly not disappointed. Yes. Nelson's Dockyard well worth a visit. A few months ago there was a 3 part documentary about it on BBC. Sorry, but can't remember the title.

It is so easy to do excursions in the Caribbean I really don't understand why anybody would even consider a ship's excursion.

Just to reiterate everybody else . On your own tours in the Caribbean are easy. The operators understand cruisers needs and we have always found them reliable and have always been at the dock with a card with our name on also they are so much cheaper than booking on board. In Antigua there is a taxi controller who sort you out, last time we were there there were several of us in the same queue wanting the beach, she got a group of us together and found a guy with a mini bus he took us all to a beach. He didn't take any money until he came back later in the day to pick us up.

The only time I book ships tours in the Caribbean is if involves a boat to other islands I would rather have the security of a ships tour then

Glyn

Have to agree that local tours are usually far better, with less people and half the price. We used Cosol in St Lucia, Glory Tours in Barbados to swim with the turtles. I don't use P&O tours if I can avoid them.

You always know you had good value if you remember a tour years down the line - the Cosol one was great [emoji106]🏼

Sue,

We have booked the Cricket Legend and Rum Shack tour as Barry wants to meet a cricketer. Not been told its not happening yet due to lack of interest so perhaps we will get to know when on board if its cancelled.

Don't know anything about it though its just something he fancied doing and a bit different.

I am hoping we will be able to get a taxi or bus afterwards to have a look round the Island if we have time. There seems to be lots of local transport to pick up.

Kath

We also booked a trip with Lawrence of Antigua and we're certainly not disappointed. Yes. Nelson's Dockyard well worth a visit. A few months ago there was a 3 part documentary about it on BBC. Sorry, but can't remember the title.

It is so easy to do excursions in the Caribbean I really don't understand why anybody would even consider a ship's excursion.

I agree entirely, already recommended Lawrence on another thread. So if you don't do cricket excursion. Lawrence of Antigua is a must nelsons dockyard is just one of his stop offs