Deselect Upgrade?

Beachmad

Hello

When I booked I selected the option of possible upgrade but now Im not so sure.

Ive got a sup. deluxe balcony midships, port side C deck.

I thought if there was an upgrade it would be to a suite (this is on Brittania btw). Is this the case?

If so most of the suites are either aft or forward, I dont like too much movement but would it be worth it to get a suite?

Im seriously considering phoning and changing it to no upgrade.

Im dithering. Any pearls of wisdom from you cruise boffs?

Thanks

Mag

We're in a similar situation in Azura. We took the position that you can only be upgraded so you'll have to get a suite which will be much larger and you get a Butler. We've sailed in an Aft suite and it was fantastic. No harsh winds on the balcony and we didn't notice any significant increase in movement. So I'd leave it to chance and enjoy the suite benefits if the upgrade fairy happens to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, this is such a personal choice it's something that can't really be advised. I think if I was sure the only grade higher was a suite I'd leave the upgrade request and trust in fate [emoji102] We had a fwd cabin on B deck and never knew the ship was moving, I actually found that disconcerting! Upgrades aren't that common...

You can be upgraded within a cabin type.For instance the cruise we sail on in September we have been upgraded from the cheapest inside grade to the top grade of inside. Probably exactly the same sort of cabin but midship rather than right at front. :) I m happy with any sort of upgrade- first time its happened!:)

Saying that some people want a certain position on a ship e g aft and an upgrade might be more central but above/below a noisy venue for instance.

It's not as big an issue on Britannia as on Ventura/Azura, is it? The issue on those other ships was that you might have low-grade balcony cabin on C deck and hence have that huge balcony, albeit nearer the bow or stern. However, you could then be given an 'upgrade' to higher grade of balcony cabin (which would be nearer midships) but on a different deck, thus losing the C deck balcony. Most people, myself included, didn't want that and therefore once we'd bagged our C deck balcony cabin said 'No Upgrade'.

But on Britannia all the balconies are the same size, I believe (excepting the stern balconies). The only Sup Deluxe Balcony cabins on C deck are either a DB or DA. If it's a DB then theoretically you could be upgraded to DA, and they're all on either B or C deck. The next level of upgrade would indeed be to a Suite; but that's not likely.

Thanks everybody, thats really helpful, its a DA and Im happy with it, probably would be chuffed with a suite if only for the extras.

Like you say though not very likely.

Maybe Ill phone them, I wanted to ask why the beds when put together are 'queen' on my docs but in the brochure they state 'kingsize' :confused:

Thanks again

Thanks everybody, thats really helpful, its a DA and Im happy with it, probably would be chuffed with a suite if only for the extras.

Like you say though not very likely.

Maybe Ill phone them, I wanted to ask why the beds when put together are 'queen' on my docs but in the brochure they state 'kingsize' :confused:

Thanks again

The beds are 2 singles. If you want a queen they are pushed together. If you want twin they are separated.

Only way to accommodate everyones choices.

The beds are 2 singles. If you want a queen they are pushed together. If you want twin they are separated.

Only way to accommodate everyones choices.

The confusion arises I think from the USA version of our 'king' size bed they call 'queen' size.

I hope so, I dont mind UK queen size bed but if it says Kingsize in the blurb then thats what it should be.

• 2 weeks later...

We chose our cabin and booked on Oriana last year. On one of the top decks and aft. We then were told of an upgrade but although the cabin was midships it was on a lower deck. I phoned immediately but it was a hassle to get them to cancel it as I was told that our original cabin might have already been sold. Fortunately this was not the case. So this year I stated no upgrades as was told it would again probably mean being on a lower deck and as were are already on deck D , booked late so not much choice, I certainly would not want to be any lower. So if you are happy with your choice I'm not sure it is worth the risk of an "upgrade"

We booked a Britannia GD grade cabin in April and we lucky enough to be given an aft cabin. We loved it. So much so we've booked again for Sept and this time have paid extra to get an aft cabin. This time we have refused the possibility of an upgrade as we specifically wanted the aft, the balconys are slightly larger, it was really quiet most of the time and we loved the views from the back.

The confusion arises I think from the USA version of our 'king' size bed they call 'queen' size.

I hope so, I dont mind UK queen size bed but if it says Kingsize in the blurb then thats what it should be.

Don't worry about what the bed type is called; just be reassured that when the two single beds are pushed together to make a double, they measure 6 feet wide. We have a 6-foot bed at home and the bed linen is sometimes described as 'super king'. I find all these 'names' too confusing; much better to deal in actual measurements.

Don't worry about what the bed type is called; just be reassured that when the two single beds are pushed together to make a double, they measure 6 feet wide. We have a 6-foot bed at home and the bed linen is sometimes described as 'super king'. I find all these 'names' too confusing; much better to deal in actual measurements.

Thank you NauticalMiss just what I wanted to know :)

Mag

We booked a Britannia GD grade cabin in April and we lucky enough to be given an aft cabin. We loved it. So much so we've booked again for Sept and this time have paid extra to get an aft cabin. This time we have refused the possibility of an upgrade as we specifically wanted the aft, the balconys are slightly larger, it was really quiet most of the time and we loved the views from the back.

We noticed on our Britannia cruise how much bigger the aft balconies were. When we looked over from the bar at the back we never saw anyone on them and wondered if it was because everyone could look down on them. Do have to say it wouldn't have bothered me as I would have liked the bigger balcony. Such a waste that they weren't being used.:eek:

I do agree that some of the cabins are overlooked on the aft, particularly the suites on the top few decks which I wouldn't particularly like when Id paid a small fortune. We were on deck E which was not overlooked from the bar but nevertheless still overlooked by a couple of rows above. Most people don't hang over their rails looking down apart from the arrival and departure into port which was quite fun.