What to do in Cozumel??

moflojo

My husband and I are about to go on our FIRST cruise!! What are your favorite things to do in Cozumel?? What are things you would avoid? We will take any tips!

My two votes would be to go to Isla Pasion and take a sunset catamaran tour. If you like white sand beaches, you'll love Isla Pasion.

I've heard that the ruins tour on the mainland is an all-day excursion and that the boat ride over is likely to make one sick. And if that doesn't do it, the bus ride will. That said, I haven't done it so I can't confirm this.

We have been there twice and swam with the dolphins both times. The second time we were taking our son's friend and got a good discount becuase of the swine flu at the time, but we have always had a good time. Going there again in july and will be going to Nachi. Have never been there, but have heard good things.

Been to Cozumel 5 times. Have done everything from parasailing, the ruins, segways, to doing nothing. It's a great port to do whatever as well as having specific plans. Only problem was last time we were there we went to Mexican Resturant at the pier for lunch. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!! It was the blandest food ever.

If you are beach people there is no decision for me.

Paradise beach its about 12 mins from the port and $4 each in a cab.

There is a swimming pool with loungers a great bar and once walking through the palm trees you're on a breath taking beach with watersport options.

Happy Days!

We loved the Salsa and Salsa excursion: we made yummy food, lots of margaritas, and then we danced ! Everyone had a super time. the hotel beach and pool facilities are also available, and looked lovely, but there just wasn't enough time to take advantage. :)

If you want to have the BEST BEACH DAY ever, go to Nachi Cocum. We had such a fun day last year that we made sure our summer vacation cruise went back to Cozumel so we could go again! They take great care of you and the food and drinks are wonderful. I recommend the Nachos and quesadillas! I think what I liked the best was the limited number of people allowed...and the margaritas! The pool is beautiful, and having your own private lounger on the beach is nice.

Now I'm a little sad because our next cruise doesn't go to Cozumel. Life is tough.

Money Bar

Cheap, short taxi ride, reasonable food and drink prices, very nice facilities, only place with decent snorkling from the shore. However, this is not a sandy beach. You enter the water from stairs. The whole day cost the two of us less than $50.

For your first visit, if you want a lot of bang for the buck, I recommend going to Tulum. Very interesting drive where you can get the real flavor of Mexico, a very fascinating tour of Mayan ruins, and you will have a little time to spend at one of the most beautiful and unique beaches in the world

This is a great idea, and depending on which ship you are on and what time the ship leaves, on the sunset tour you could get great photos of your ship sailing out into that sunset. :)

My two votes would be to go to Isla Pasion and take a sunset catamaran tour. If you like white sand beaches, you'll love Isla Pasion.

My husband and I are about to go on our FIRST cruise!! What are your favorite things to do in Cozumel?? What are things you would avoid? We will take any tips!

we are signed up for the sabor resort, adults and all you can eat drink and non motorized sports

1. Shopping...bargain for everything from Diamonds to beach towels.

2. Nachi Cocom....great private beach day....drinks and food included

3.Drive around the Island, the east coast is 180 degrees different from

the tourist area...wonder place to stop for lunch, fresh fish!

4.Chackannnab State Park

5. Independant snorkeling, pick one that is a drift snorkel....easy...as the water gets deeper, there is a 2,000 foot drop-off into the trench between Cozumel and the mainland.

6. Just go onshore and explore

7. The officers in the tan police uniforms are bi-lingual if you seek assistance.

We love Cozumel...Bon Voyage!

Archived