Grand Princess San Francisco tours

RavennaM

Hey guys,

I have a question of deparkation tours in San Francisco. I am trying to decide which flight to book back home, so it would be useful to know what kind of tours Princess offers on last day. On Princess website there is only one actual disembarkation tour to Silicon Valley and I am not interested of that. I would highly appreciate if someone could help me, thanks! :)

Hey guys,

I have a question of deparkation tours in San Francisco. I am trying to decide which flight to book back home, so it would be useful to know what kind of tours Princess offers on last day. On Princess website there is only one actual disembarkation tour to Silicon Valley and I am not interested of that. I would highly appreciate if someone could help me, thanks! :)

Disembarkation tours are usually put together and offered onboard.

You won't know until you are on the cruise if they will even offer any.

The general list of tours for San Francisco on the Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/excursion/exlistfordestination.page?portid=SFO&t=L&exType=S

...lists one "debark (sic) tour"

Debark Tour: Silicon Valley Tech Tour

SFO-960 | San Francisco, California | Group Size: 40

5.5 hours

from $99.95

A destination that changed technology and the world, Silicon Valley is home to hundreds of thousands of creative minds that are constantly innovating the way we communicate and do business. Stop for photos outside the headquarters of Facebook, Apple and Google and do a little shopping at the company stores.

The excursion details specify

This tour is valid only to passengers ending their cruise in San Francisco. Passengers must also booked on flight departing SFO no earlier than 4:30 pm. Tour ends at airport.
But as noted above you won't know if it is being offered on your particular sailing until after your board; disembarkation day tours almost never show in your cruise personalizer. And it may take repeated inquiries by multiple passengers at the Excursions Desk before they decide that there will be sufficient demand to offer it.

Thanks, yes I know the tours aren't necessarily same on every cruise, but usually they are. Anyone know what kind of tours they have offered recently? Anything else than the Silicon Valley tour?

Thanks, yes I know the tours aren't necessarily same on every cruise, but usually they are. Anyone know what kind of tours they have offered recently? Anything else than the Silicon Valley tour?

Just got off the Grand Princess on April 23rd. The only Debark Tour offered was the Silicon Valley Tech Tour for $99.95.

Just got off the Grand Princess on April 23rd. The only Debark Tour offered was the Silicon Valley Tech Tour for $99.95.

Wow...that would be boring if you ask me.

Last year, they offered a tour of the highlights of the City and lunch in Chinatown along with a trip across the Golden Gate and then off to the airport. It was recommended for people with flights after 3 or 4 PM out of SFO.... and it was under $100 pp. It almost sounded like something we'd have wanted to do but we live here so that wouldn't be worth it for us.

Silicon Valley Tech Tour? No thanks!!

Wow...that would be boring if you ask me.

Last year, they offered a tour of the highlights of the City and lunch in Chinatown along with a trip across the Golden Gate and then off to the airport. It was recommended for people with flights after 3 or 4 PM out of SFO.... and it was under $100 pp. It almost sounded like something we'd have wanted to do but we live here so that wouldn't be worth it for us.

Silicon Valley Tech Tour? No thanks!!

You might be surprised (I was) how many people are interested in seeing the various tech campuses, hitching a ride on a Google bike, etc. From my perspective, it's just a bunch of office buildings, but I guess it's all what you're used to.

On the original point, I remember reading somewhere that there's a place near the pier (chamber of commerce or tourism board or something like that) where one can store one's luggage for a few hours. That would make a self-made post-cruise tour of SF relatively easy, and there's tons of stuff within walking distance of the pier, much less places you can get by cab or Muni.

I live in San Francisco. If they actually take you to Silicon valley I would save my $99.95. The trip is long, the traffic can be terrible, and it is spread out for miles. I would Find a place to sow my bags and do Pier 39 and Fisherman's wharf which is right near the ship or better yet go on a tour of Alcatraz. If you do Alcatraz you might have to look into getting your tickets early as it is a very popular tour.

The area around Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 is good for some relaxing sightseeing and shopping. I grew up in SF and my favorite places were in Golden Gate park where the Natural History museum/Steinhart Aquarium, Art Gallery, and Japanese Tea Garden are just steps away from each other.

Whatever you choose to do, consider using the baggage service (EZCheck?) offered, where you can put your luggage out the night before disembarkation, and then next see it at the other end of your flight. It might be worth it, rather than having to haul your big suitcases to some storage location.

I, too, don't recommend spending all day on buses on the Silicon Valley tour.

The area around Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 is good for some relaxing sightseeing and shopping. I grew up in SF and my favorite places were in Golden Gate park where the Natural History museum/Steinhart Aquarium, Art Gallery, and Japanese Tea Garden are just steps away from each other.

Whatever you choose to do, consider using the baggage service (EZCheck?) offered, where you can put your luggage out the night before disembarkation, and then next see it at the other end of your flight. It might be worth it, rather than having to haul your big suitcases to some storage location.

I, too, don't recommend spending all day on buses on the Silicon Valley tour.

I had forgotten about EZ check in. I totally agree. Hopefully your selected airline is covered by EZ check in. S.F. is a tourists dream why get on a bus and drive 50 miles to a place that is bound to be a disappointment.