smokeybandit

Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

smokeybandit's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (9/20)

1. Yes, though stabilizers don't guarantee a smooth ride and don't work for the "up and down" rocking, only "side to side" rocking.
  2. Beach Club was OK when it was $79. But at its current pricing it's a rip off.
  3. You can still see the taxes on the US site. Just you have to click into each cruise to see it. And if you miss it there, you don't see it again until the very end of the booking process.
  4. Is it as simple as just changing your approach and enjoy *not* doing things at ports? Stay on the ship or just get off and walk around for a bit for some exercise and go about your day on board.
  5. 30 days (sometimes 29, 28) they'll appear in your account via the website.
  6. I was disappointed with the free area at Puerto Plata. Really no shade at all. Every cruise has a t-shirt sale. 2/$30. They also recently had some cheaper clearance stuff.
  7. The big question is how many of these first time cruisers become regular cruisers? If they do, do they stick to the shorties because that's what their work/family schedules allow? Or do they move onto longer ones? At some point there will be a tipping point, but it doesn't seem we're there yet.
  8. Here's Quantum by cruise length September 26: 28th - Navigator OTS & Quantum OTS (2 nights) 30th - Quantum OTS (6) October 26: 6th - Quantum OTS (3) 9th - Navigator OTS & Quantum OTS (5) 14th - Quantum OTS (6) 20th - Quantum OTS (3) 23rd - Navigator OTS & Quantum OTS (5) 28th - Quantum OTS (6) November 26: 3rd - Quantum OTS (3) 6th - Navigator OTS & Quantum OTS (5) 11th - Quantum OTS (6) 17th - Quantum OTS (3) 20th - Navigator OTS & Quantum OTS (4) 25th - Quantum OTS (6) December 26: 1st - Quantum OTS (3) 4th - Navigator OTS & Quantum OTS (5) 9th - Quantum OTS (6) 15th - Quantum OTS (3) 18th - Navigator OTS & Quantum OTS (5) 23rd - Quantum OTS (6) 29th - Quantum OTS (tbd)
  9. I went through the schedule posted here and didn't see any 8 night gaps. You weren't looking past the days when Navigator and Quantum both are back in LA were you?
  10. America's biggest weakness: keeping up with infrastructure. What to do is never the long pole. It's the when, how ($$$) and sometimes where.
  11. I got what I thought was a surprisingly good price on Star (at least compared to Icon) for March 2026. And I've gotten 2 price drops since booking.