cr8tiv1

Members
About Me

• Interests
    Ballroom Dancing

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

cr8tiv1's Achievements

10,000+ Club

10,000+ Club (10/20)

• Holiday Sharing Rare
  • "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. I enjoyed Iceland on a bus tour. But my nephews (50's) enjoyed the adventurous nature. Lots of hiking and exploring. They are also foodies. Something for everyone.
  2. I would do the Norway cruise and then fly to Iceland for 6 days. Be prepared for sticker shock though, Iceland IS expensive. I "heard" that Icelandic Air allows for stop overs when flying TransAtlantic. Not sure if they only allow you a day or if you could extend it to 6. Best of both worlds.
  3. A Japan cruise focus (in my opinion) should be on the culture and her people. For most American's this is truly an experience. Second to the culture is the scenery. During my 9 day cruise last spring, I visited 2 castles but never went in to any. Didn't do any temples (been there/done that before). FOOD....was my first priority. Ate my way through the country. Interacted with the locals as much as I could. Enjoyed the Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) at their peak. Went to local malls and shops since the exchange rate was so good. I was fortunate to have a relative meet us in Yokohama and take us through one of the many gardens prior to the cruise. The Japanese are one of the friendliest and polite people in this world. I am not as ambitious as a friend of mine who spent a month traveling through Southern Japan by train. (Food and beer). They will be going back this New Years to participate in their celebration (big event). It will be helpful if you do your homework. I know that time at each port is very limited. I was at an advantage growing up in Honolulu. I knew their culture and foods. I knew their geography. I knew about many of their towns and things to see/do. I really wanted to see/perspective how the Atomic Bomb affected Japan. I fell in love with their escalators that went up and down....and flat (moving walkway). So many fascinating technological advances.
  4. I was on the CB this summer. Except for my non-functioning thermostat, I thought this was one of my best cruises. Maintenance came in every time I needed to readjust my temperature. Inconvenience, but they were more than willing to do this. Crew was beyond exceptional.
  5. August 2024, the Caribbean Princess still had a cigar lounge manned in the evenings with a bartender.
  6. I did inquire about washing and no drying but was advised that this was not possible. I can understand that, it would be very difficult for your steward to return wet/damp clothes. I did do a few items in my bathtub since it needed special care. Drip dried them. I did check off an item in the cleaning side of the chit, but didn't notice if it was cleaned or laundered. I sent out a lot of laundry on the CB and all were returned without any damage. I do hate those tags. Some are so hard to remove.
  7. My experience (and only my opinions/theories/observations). I have been on 10 cruises with a total of 98 days since cruising resumed (2020). Only caught covid once and it was on a ship (well technically on a bus). Have been "exposed" to several active covid family members, but never caught it from them. I am positive my covid case was from a very long excursion day on a bus. Symptoms showed up within a few days. Finally decided it wasn't asthma and confirmed by Medical Center and isolated. I was wearing a mask for most of the time when out and about the ship. I felt falsely secure since the weather was nice and I was outdoors. In my opinion: Today's covid is much more contagious and less lethal. But incubation time is just a few days. If you get covid: You are on a 7 day cruise, you will probably test positive when you get home. You are on a 14 day cruise, you will probably test positive while still on your cruise. I was recently told (after my sister brought covid to my house after a family graduation in another state) that all she had to do was wear a mask while testing positive and as long as she had a fever (ref: Kaiser). No other restrictions as long as she wore a mask. Isolate for 5 days from onset of symptoms plus fever free for 24 hours. Covid is not just from a cruise. Air travel can be a source. Somebody has got to bring it on the ship with them. I thought I could avoid getting it since I am vaccinated to the max and still wear a mask when in crowds or around people I don't know well. I am in the minority. But the two states I am in have higher than average cases of covid. You will see a lot more people wearing masks in Honolulu. I am not about to stop cruising or traveling. I am just cautious and proactive. My case was very mild. Some are not as fortunate. I believe Covid is hear to stay.
  8. The space is there. There is a display of medallion accessories, but I have never seen anyone manning the area. It has tables and chairs to enjoy your premium dessert.
  9. That used to be my favorite spot….when it didn’t have the slots but did have a nice sofa. What a waste!
  10. Anshika was a terrific concierge, but she recently left the ship. Have you met her replacement? The Wheelhouse for suites was a nice addition. I would continue to go to Sabatini’s for breakfast if Ivan will permit it. Easier to modify the “rules” in a smaller venue. Better perk than RC MDR. I have not been on a Royal class ship and do love my Grand class ships. Enjoy the rest of your cruise now that you are settled in. Have you considered talking to the Hotel General Manager about moving Jolene into you suite since she paid so much for a solo?
  11. Pack your sun screen and shorts. It is still rather hot in the islands. Mid 80s but at least we have trade winds. Pack an umbrella for the occasional morning (mauka/mountain) showers or use as a sun canopy.
  12. I do need to clarify my acknowledgement. He is the best I've ever had at any suite breakfast. I didn't want to slight those I've encountered in the Reserve Collection. I've had some real grouches in suite breakfast who would not do any more than show me to my table.
  13. Is Ivan the Sabatini's manager? If so, he is absolutely the best I've ever worked with.
  14. I am so sorry to hear your year has been so rough. I understand completely. You made the correct choice to clear your medical with your insurance company first. It will make filing with AON easier.
  15. My refund took 2 weeks. I was shocked!

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.