BonTexasNY

Members
About Me

Recent Profile Visitors

1,692 profile views

BonTexasNY's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (8/20)

1. Just a bit of Moonstruck trivia: It was filmed at real locations all around the city, with the fictitious restaurant the Grand Ticino shot in the West Village, Cammareri Bakery in Carroll Gardens, and the Castorini family home both located in Brooklyn Heights. That townhouse has now been put on the market for the first time in over a decade
  2. Thank you so much Maryann. I mentioned in here awhile back that the best new baby gift I received when I became a mom was a parent book, gifted by my bff, instead of the usual baby book that records baby's accomplishments. In the Parent Book, it chronicles my and Jack's experiences from the time we were born to when we met, dated, married, etc. Pictures follow each stage of our lives. I hope Jen cherishes it as much as I did creating it. And, as far as recall of movies, I have to admit to seeing "My Cousin Vinny" more times than I can count. "Ghost" (Molly you in danger girl) and "Moonstruck" (In time you'll drop dead and I'll come to your funeral in a red dress) are two others that I can recite most scenes.
  3. @Keksie I hope you're feeling better. As @Sea Dog Greg posted, kidney stones are super painful. I was hospitalized and had it zapped. @dani negreanu Dani, so good to see you posting and although, not living in Israel, I shouldn't make political comments but I (and Jack) totally agree with your opinion of your leader's "antics". @TravelGirlinDallas Bethany, I agree with other posters. Your neighbor who placed his junk in your pile is nasty and rude. I can't believe the town is so slow picking up debris. Hope it gets removed soon.
  4. More NY memories. Every summer my family would go on a boat ride from lower Manhattan to Rye Playland. Mom would pack a picnic lunch and my sister and I would go with dad as chaperone on as many rides as possible. It was the highlight of our summer. My sister and I once went on a very tame train ride BUT it seemed we would be going up on that humongous roller coaster. We got closer and closer and then miraculously we passed thru the tracks to the other side. Phew! That must have been the boat we took to Rye Playland! Mine was "Oh yeah, you blend." And the tirade about Vinny picking out appropriate attire to hunt a deer or as Marissa pronounced, "deeuh". Have a wonderful birthday, same to @Sunshine3601 Debbie (belated) and @MancGirl21 May all your birthday wishes come true.
  5. It made me happy to see the Princess of Wales looking so stunning and impeccable in recent pictures. I wish her well as she continues her cancer treatments. I once had a primary care doctor, who while talking to me, hardly ever looked up from reading my chart. I had been a patient for 2 years. At one point he called me "Susan" and I figured it was about time to search for a new doctor.
  6. Sounds like you have a great group. We moved to TX from NY 20 years ago. I still cannot bring myself to say "y'all". To this day, my NY friends and I never email or text. We call each other to talk in real time. Those phone calls usually last 1+ hours. I call them the friends of my heart.
  7. For the past 4 years, some friends and I, 5 in total, have been texting every single morning, just to say good morning and let us all know what's going on in our lives that day. More importantly, to keep the closeness we shared when we lived in the same complex for 2 years. Four years ago, we all moved to different locations, 3 here in TX, one in South Carolina, one in Ohio and vowed to keep in touch daily. I wanted to share one of this morning's message with all of you:
  8. Teens never heard of calories. 😉 The 2 times I had it, it was shared with a group of friends. The Jahn's I remember was on Church near Flatbush. I didn't live in Bklyn but my sister lived in East Flatbush after she married. My friend's brother lived near my sister and we spent many week-end days visiting them and stopping at Jahn's. There was also a Jahn's in my Manhattan 'hood on Grand St. That's where I had the kitchen sink, twice, with a bunch of friends.
  9. My blast from the past is Jahn's kitchen sink ice cream extravaganza shared with the best of friends! We throw everything at you with this gigantic sundae served in our own specially made sink! We take three sliced bananas, scoops of your choice of up to 8 flavors of ice creams, 8 servings of toppings, mounds and mounds of whipped cream, chopped toasted almonds and cherries.
  10. Good pizza in Dallas? Really?? 😊 In TX, the best authentic NY pizza we've had is in Plano on Parker Rd. near the Tollway. Joe's pizza, across from Plano Presby hospital. Huge triangular slices, you fold in half "ala" Tony Manero in the movie Saturday Night Fever. As Trainman a much beloved member of CC used to say, "Growing old ain't for sissies". Greg, my heart is with you for a successful outcome!
  11. @Sea Dog Greg, best wishes for cancer free results! Have a wonderful Father's Day lunch on Monday with your son.
  12. @firefly333 Jane, I'm sorry your move didn't go the way it should have. You got some good advice in here about your unpacking issue. I hope it all works out for you.