Alaska

Recent Profile Visitors

8,176 profile views

island lady's Achievements

40,000+ Club

40,000+ Club (8/15)

• "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. There is regular white (cheap) rum in the mix, but the good bartenders will happily lace the top with some additional strong dark rum. Always helps to approach with cash tip in hand as you order. 😉 OH... and BTW. What is the difference between a Coco Loco and a Labadoozie? The name. 😄
  2. LOL....And you are right in there with "and the taste of champagne". Luckily not getting "caught in the rain" though. 😄 😄
  3. Shows cancelled 2 weeks ago, and all shows when I was on last week. Megan, running a live thread for this week was lucky and got to see the matinee show yesterday, but was cancelled again today. Booked Allure mostly to see Mamma Mia, and did not get to see it on our 4 night. 😞
  4. Have seen them on Royal Carib ships in the shops as well. I guess..."poop happens". 😮
  5. And here I was bummed when they cancelled all the Mamma Mia shows (which was the reason we booked the 4 night last week). Now, even worse....you are (so far anyway) being denied your day at Coco Cay. Total bummer. Hope you still have some fun today though and stay healthy!!
  6. Bummer about not being cleared. The Bahamians must be worried about the Noro. 🤕 Hope you get cleared soon. Strange thing I noticed is your flip-flop itinerary. Last week we did Nassau first, Coco Cay, then the sea day for day four. Captain pretty much took a joy ride south down the coast to Miami on that one, (to kill time with one full day and night to get back) before heading back up the coast to PC
  7. Thanks! Very much looking forward to it! Did the south pole a few months ago, now on to the north pole. 🙂
  8. Such a beautiful day again Twangster!! Wow...wow. Thanks for sharing! We are booked for a tour on Serenade in August out of Reykjavik called "Golden Circle with lunch" that has scenes much like you posted. Hope it is near as good! 🙂
  9. So beautiful!! đŸĨ° But....where are the dragons?? 😉
  10. On our last cruise to Alaska, I was shocked at the mob scene at the train station, where pax were trying to check their bags. Apparently the majority of them did not have their luggage tagged already, so they were a large group mobbing the porters set up in one area to write them a check tag for their bags. Then they had to drag them over to the carts. Me, already tagged...simply passed off to those porters set up at the carts that were taking the already tagged bags. Simple.
  11. I like getting mine each night to look at early in the morning. Though I could actually just use the app...the DH does not use the app, or internet at all. So for him, the paper compass is his only contact with the venues around the ship. So that is the "big deal" for us. We are not all alike, thankfully.