M class 7175 or Sweet 16

monkeyinhat

We love large balconies with loungers and hoping to "convince" steward to bring lounger to oversized balcony.

Which would you pick the larger balonies on deck 7... 7173 thru 7177 or sweet 16?

Again, I just want a larger balcony and no C1 sterns available

thanks

What are the "sweet 16"? We have an aft C1 for our Alaska cruise, would these cabins be better?
The "sweet 16" cabins are standard cabins with large balconies located near the front of the M-class ships.

The aft C1s are concierge class cabins with very deep balconies located on the stern of the ship.

The concierge class cabins are about 20 square feet larger than standard size cabins plus they come with the concierge amenities and an extra cruise credit, so they are generally considered "better" but for many people the deciding factor comes down to the amount of the price difference.

Some value the extra space of the concierge cabins and the concierge amenities more than others. Some love the deep verandas on the aft C1s while others dislike their "cave" or "tunnel" effect and find them too far away from the elevators and stairs. Since there are only a small number of C1 cabins, they are typically grabbed up quickly by those who like them and therefore they are priced higher than the C2 and C3 concierge categories. The "sweet 16" cabins are usually, but not always, priced lower than the C1, C2 or C3 categories so some consider them to be the better value.

Which would be "better" basically just comes down to a matter of personal preference and how much you want to spend.

The "sweet 16" cabins are standard cabins with large balconies located near the front of the M-class ships.

The aft C1s are concierge class cabins with very deep balconies located on the stern of the ship.

The concierge class cabins are about 20 square feet larger than standard size cabins plus they come with the concierge amenities and an extra cruise credit, so they are generally considered "better" but for many people the deciding factor comes down to the amount of the price difference.

Some value the extra space of the concierge cabins and the concierge amenities more than others. Some love the deep verandas on the aft C1s while others dislike their "cave" or "tunnel" effect and find them too far away from the elevators and stairs. Since there are only a small number of C1 cabins, they are typically grabbed up quickly by those who like them and therefore they are priced higher than the C2 and C3 concierge categories. The "sweet 16" cabins are usually, but not always, priced lower than the C1, C2 or C3 categories so some consider them to be the better value.

Which would be "better" basically just comes down to a matter of personal preference and how much you want to spend.

7171 thru 7177 and their counterparts on the starboard side ( at least on the Summit) have extended balconies and are sold as 2A balconies and offer exceptional value, IMHO. Had any been available I would have booked again rather than going for a sweet sixteen cabin. I spend a LOT of time on the Lido deck stern and it was just a short hop up from the room. I am trying to convince myself that quick access to the Aquaspa Cafe and the T-pool will make up for it :D

Thanks Fleckle for your quick reply. Do you have the cabin numbers of the sweet 16?
On starboard side they are 6016 though 6030.

On port side they are 6021 through 6035

Here is a link to a photo someone posted that shows the balconies on the starboard side

Sweet 16s

You can see how the balcony of 6030 is double the size of 6032 right beside it. Another advantage of the Sweet 16 balconies is that they extend out to the edge of the ship so you can look straight down to the water with no lifeboats or other balconies sticking out below to obstruct the view.

I'd choose 7175. It's quieter. Deck 7 or 8 are the best places to be. Deck 7 cabins are in between 2 decks of passenger cabins. No noise from kitchen, lounges, etc. Deck 9 is very noisy especially under the buffet and pool areas. Deck 9 is also very dark from the extreme overhang which blocks the sun. It's midship. Deck 6 forward has noise from the show lounge and more ocean motion. Balcony is standard, but quite adequate. 6020 has a large balcony but is also darker since it is set way back from the sun.

I'd choose 7175. It's quieter. Deck 7 or 8 are the best places to be. Deck 7 cabins are in between 2 decks of passenger cabins. No noise from kitchen, lounges, etc. Deck 9 is very noisy especially under the buffet and pool areas. Deck 9 is also very dark from the extreme overhang which blocks the sun. It's midship. Deck 6 forward has noise from the show lounge and more ocean motion. Balcony is standard, but quite adequate. 6020 has a large balcony but is also darker since it is set way back from the sun.

We are booked in 7175 on the Dec 5-19 Repo from Miami to Valpo on the Infinity. When we booked it, we were told it was slightly larger, but when you go to the Celebrity website, it indicates 38sq ft, just like nearly all balconies on 7.

On starboard side they are 6016 though 6030.

On port side they are 6021 through 6035

Here is a link to a photo someone posted that shows the balconies on the starboard side

Sweet 16s

You can see how the balcony of 6030 is double the size of 6032 right beside it. Another advantage of the Sweet 16 balconies is that they extend out to the edge of the ship so you can look straight down to the water with no lifeboats or other balconies sticking out below to obstruct the view.

Wow, those balconies look great! I think we will stay with our aft C1 (7208) for our Alaska cruise because there will be 3 of us in the cabin, but if it was just DH and me I would definitely change.

satchiesmom: The M class C1's have a larger interior space than the 2C's as well as the much larger veranda. There is now a question about whether you can get the lounger for the sweet 16 veranda (not a problem with the C1) which also comes into play. I liked it so much more when the current C1's were all 2C cabins, but without the CC perks. The sweet 16 are great, but truly a step down, but much more affordable on popular cruises.

satchiesmom: The M class C1's have a larger interior space than the 2C's as well as the much larger veranda. There is now a question about whether you can get the lounger for the sweet 16 veranda (not a problem with the C1) which also comes into play. I liked it so much more when the current C1's were all 2C cabins, but without the CC perks. The sweet 16 are great, but truly a step down, but much more affordable on popular cruises.

biker 1972, I've read that the M class C1's do have larger interior space, plus the hugh verandah, that's why I booked it in the first place. I too wish they were 2C's with the corresponding price difference - we really don't care about the CC perks (except for the extra cruise credit since we're not quite Elite), we just wanted the extra space and Alaska seems like a good place to be aft.

Archived