Navigator drinks

sugcarol

No Jack Daniels, only Jim Beam. Mr Spook was NOT a happy camper heheheh. Marion Mom has a picture that everyone 'borrows' . I didn't bother taking a new picture last week as it hadn't changed.

I do remember the wine list was EXTREMELY limited so Vintages was a ghost town the first night until late.

There are very few bars open prior to the 12 mile "international" waters. We sat at "R Bar" just to have a seat before dinner and we saw so many people turned away because they served alcohol that was not authorized by Texas.

The Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge were packed during this time because they are "private" clubs and not affected by Texas law.

We went to the pool bar that was lined up 5 deep just to get a vodka/tonic during that time.

After 7:30 or so everything is wide open.

There are very few bars open prior to the 12 mile "international" waters. We sat at "R Bar" just to have a seat before dinner and we saw so many people turned away because they served alcohol that was not authorized by Texas.

The Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge were packed during this time because they are "private" clubs and not affected by Texas law.

We went to the pool bar that was lined up 5 deep just to get a vodka/tonic during that time.

After 7:30 or so everything is wide open.

The DL and CL are affected by the Texas laws. They serve limited varieties until the 12 mile international waters. Also , none of the wines that are C&A gifts for D+and above are delivered until day 2.

The DL and CL are always packed the first night, especially before the early dinner diners leave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

• 2 months later...
So are you saying after the ship gets into International Waters, they can serve Jack Daniels? Or they do not have have Jack Daniels on board the ship?

They have Jack on the ship, they just cannot serve it until they are in international waters.

Just another stupid Texas law, most Texas politician are idiots, but that's just my thoughts, guess we drink in diamond lounge or concierge until we are out of Texas waters

It's not just a matter of Texas law. RCCL has the all the liquor, beer and wine brands on board. They just don't serve them to avoid paying taxes at a higher rate when they are in the legal boundaries of Texas, in this case within 12 miles of the coast.

To serve the brands in question, RCCL would have to buy the liquor from a source in the United States and pay the State of Texas liquor tax. I believe they conduct many of those transactions "over seas" so to speak.

It's not just a matter of Texas law. RCCL has the all the liquor, beer and wine brands on board. They just don't serve them to avoid paying taxes at a higher rate when they are in the legal boundaries of Texas, in this case within 12 miles of the coast.

To serve the brands in question, RCCL would have to buy the liquor from a source in the United States and pay the State of Texas liquor tax. I believe they conduct many of those transactions "over seas" so to speak.

What other state does this???? I sailed out of many and Texas is the only one with this law, still think most of the politicians in Texas are idiots, and I have lived here 30 years.