Infinity sweet 16 cabins

willow949

Booked a South America cruise today. Told my TA the board says the larger veranda balconies are on deck 6. Over the showroom? But she said they are on deck 7. I am a Holland 3 star and never been on a Celebrity. Can anyone compare room size. And is the larger balcony on deck 6 or 7. Thanks

Has your TA ever been in a sweet 16 cabin?

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

The labeled balconies (6016 through 6030) are the sweet 16s, on deck 6.

On the other side of the ship, 6021 through 6035 are similar.

Notice how the balconies of deck 7 above are smaller and do not extend out as far.

2cbalconies1-vi.jpg

This is not my photo, and I would attribute it to the person who took it but I can't remember who it was.

If whoever took it is reading this, thank you.

Edited by fleckle

My TA booked us into cabin 7014. it is the most forward veranda on deck 7. From the photo, it looks like it will have two large metal columns in the front. Any info on that cabin? Also, the sweet 16, do you get noise from the. Showroom below on deck 6?

My TA booked us into cabin 7014. it is the most forward veranda on deck 7. From the photo, it looks like it will have two large metal columns in the front. Any info on that cabin? Also, the sweet 16, do you get noise from the. Showroom below on deck 6?

It looks as if you are correct about the posts. If there is any way you can move to one of the 8 sweet sixteen on deck six I would expecially the ones more away from the post. We have never heard any noise from the theater. We have heard pleasant music from one of the bars--not sure which one. We also had a bit of water spray when they were washing on the bridge. It was no problem. We were in 6030 on Connie in the Caribbean and loved it so much that we booked the same cabin for South America and then 6035 on the other side of the ship for New England/Canada and for Hawaii.

If there are no sweet 16 available, look for a 23 that is futher aft than 7014.

It looks as if you are correct about the posts. If there is any way you can move to one of the 8 sweet sixteen on deck six I would expecially the ones more away from the post.

If there are no sweet 16 available, look for a 23 that is futher aft than 7014.

Looks like 6053 is a good option if sweet 16 are full.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40554312&postcount=21

Thank you all for your help. I emailed my TA to change cabins. The video was great to see the rooms, as we are used to the larger Holland rooms. But it looks plenty large with all the storage.

If you post your sailing date, I'm sure some of the good folks here would take a look at the available inventory and make suggestions. A couple of weeks ago I looked at some of the 2017 Buenos Aires to Valparaiso sailings and did not find any desireable Sweet Sixteens. They go fast on scenic cruises, but sometimes open up later if someone has to cancel.

I was curious about the size of Holland staterooms as compared to Celebrity, so I looked at sizes on the internet and found that Holland says their balcony stateroom is 244 square foot including balcony. You have to add the room and balcony on Celebrity's statistics to come up with 238 square foot. 6 square foot smaller. I'm not sure how much difference that will make. Good luck with your cabin selection.

If you post your sailing date, I'm sure some of the good folks here would take a look at the available inventory and make suggestions. A couple of weeks ago I looked at some of the 2017 Buenos Aires to Valparaiso sailings and did not find any desireable Sweet Sixteens. They go fast on scenic cruises, but sometimes open up later if someone has to cancel.

I would also recommend manually inputting the Sweet 16 cabin numbers individually during a mock booking on Celebrity's website. I thought I was in the know by using a particular TA website (German), but when I booked the pacific coastal cruise (May 2016), no sweet 16's were shown as available so I chose a different cabin. Just for kicks, immediately after booking I input 6030 during a mock booking (in the box at the bottom of the page that asks you to choose your cabin) and it showed as available. I alerted my TA immediately and she got the cabin for us.

I just checked again, and my formerly trusted website shows only the 2 Sweet 16's most forward as available right now. However, when I started inputting room numbers in on Celebrity's website, each number I tried is available. I tried 6028, 6035 and 6033 and they are all available.

It makes me feel pretty silly that after 5 years with Cruise Critic I still haven't figured out which website to use for the most accurate information regarding cabin availability. I have been adrift on the ocean scanning for this info and still can't get it right.

I would also recommend manually inputting the Sweet 16 cabin numbers individually during a mock booking on Celebrity's website. I thought I was in the know by using a particular TA website (German), but when I booked the pacific coastal cruise (May 2016), no sweet 16's were shown as available so I chose a different cabin. Just for kicks, immediately after booking I input 6030 during a mock booking (in the box at the bottom of the page that asks you to choose your cabin) and it showed as available. I alerted my TA immediately and she got the cabin for us.

I just checked again, and my formerly trusted website shows only the 2 Sweet 16's most forward as available right now. However, when I started inputting room numbers in on Celebrity's website, each number I tried is available. I tried 6028, 6035 and 6033 and they are all available.

It makes me feel pretty silly that after 5 years with Cruise Critic I still haven't figured out which website to use for the most accurate information regarding cabin availability. I have been adrift on the ocean scanning for this info and still can't get it right.

Yes I have just discovered this too. When I looked at the German website for our cruise on the Millenium next year it showed only the front two cabins on deck 6. However, I put 6035 into the box when booking on the Celebrity website and it came up as available!

Yes I have just discovered this too. When I looked at the German website for our cruise on the Millenium next year it showed only the front two cabins on deck 6. However, I put 6035 into the box when booking on the Celebrity website and it came up as available!

I also discovered the same thing a few months ago. I have cross checked the German site with Celebrity's site on several cruises and there are always some cabins available on Celebrity that are not on the other one, especially the better placed "sweet sixteen". I have come to the conclusion that the contracts TAs have with Celebrity vary and may not include the right to sell all cabins in a given category at the price the TA is offering. Also a TA price for certain categories does not always follow the same pattern as Celebrity. I booked Singapore to Sydney with a US TA and was offered a very good price on 2B, when I asked for the price on 2C having found that some sweet 16s were available it was $500pp more than 2B:eek:.

Celebrity's UK site now lists ALL cabins in each category.

We are going on Jan3,2016. All the sweet 16 on the starboard side are booked. My choice was 6040 or 7070 right above on deck 7. I opted for 7070 as it has rooms on top and bottom.

Also we are on the flight from Miami on Jan1. Arrive Jan 2 and staying at the Sheraton Buenos Aires that Celebrity uses. Don't know if there are more than one Sheratons. Flight # is 909 American airlines.

Hello everyone

We sailed Infinity in the summer and had a sweet sixteen cabin so I thought you might be interested in our cabin tour. Bon voyage!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Jo and Rob,

Funny thing. We were in your cabin (6035) on our Feb. 15th South America and Antarctica cruise. Loved the cabin and wondered why it seemed so spacious. The balcony was wonderful, but weather prevented us from spending much time there. Thanks for the review. I also did not know about the pull-down bunker above. It was only two of us.

Hello everyone

We sailed Infinity in the summer and had a sweet sixteen cabin so I thought you might be interested in our cabin tour. Bon voyage!

I really enjoyed your cabin videos. Thank you for posting them.

I see you've sailed MSC....I'll look to see if you've posted reviews. I don't want to hijack this thread.

• 2 months later...

Jo, I think you have posted the wrong video. I always enjoy your videos. However we were on the Infinity in November. This is not the same ship. Looks like you were in the Caribbean somewhere.