PATTERS! Golden Princess to New Zealand Feb 2016

zxc

Please would you clarify a couple of points for me, if you have the relevant knowledge of course?

The golden.princess.com contact for laptop is interesting. Do I need to download anything to my laptop? NOT very strong on the technical side at all! Does this enable me to monitor my spending, so I know I have the bill covered? I am pre-paying as much as possible, intending to put money into On Board Credit, but not sure of the prices of magnets, pens and tshirts/sweatshirts yet.

With the electrical items, if any only use 220volts, should I bring a transformer-I think it's called-with me? I know about the adaptor plugs, am planning to get both the 2 and 3 pin varieties from my local motoring organisation, it's still on the To Be Purchased List! LOL.

Was delighted to see the Happy Hours mentioned in the Patter, hope they're available on my Repositioning Cruise in November, bit concerned as it's a local cruise. I shall see.

Thanks for your help. I eagerly read your posts, and have learnt SUCH a lot of useful information.

Please would you clarify a couple of points for me, if you have the relevant knowledge of course?

The golden.princess.com contact for laptop is interesting. Do I need to download anything to my laptop? NOT very strong on the technical side at all! Does this enable me to monitor my spending, so I know I have the bill covered? I am pre-paying as much as possible, intending to put money into On Board Credit, but not sure of the prices of magnets, pens and tshirts/sweatshirts yet.

With the electrical items, if any only use 220volts, should I bring a transformer-I think it's called-with me? I know about the adaptor plugs, am planning to get both the 2 and 3 pin varieties from my local motoring organisation, it's still on the To Be Purchased List! LOL.

Was delighted to see the Happy Hours mentioned in the Patter, hope they're available on my Repositioning Cruise in November, bit concerned as it's a local cruise. I shall see.

Thanks for your help. I eagerly read your posts, and have learnt SUCH a lot of useful information.

there is an app for your phone you can down load or you can use the kiosk on the ship to check your spending , also i used a us plug to au plug for charge of my phone and camera battery i had no troubles with that at all i am not sure what needs 220 volts maybe they are thinking hair dryers etc but there was one in my room so dont need to take one of those

looks like Golden has a different captain then when i was on there , is the cruise directer the same though i know his assistant has gone saw a pic of him leaving melbourne

Edited by Hawka

Hi crochetcruise,

On the ship, you can access "golden.princess.com" by connecting to the ship's wifi and opening the webpage in your internet browser. You won't be charged for the internet usage if you're only using it to access the "golden.princess.com" website.

As Hawka mentioned, there are e-kiosks on deck 6 where you can print out your account statements to keep track of your spending.

I've set up a thread on the Aus&NZ Cruisers board for Q&As and possibly a mini review. Go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2321946

Hi crochetcruise,

On the ship, you can access "golden.princess.com" by connecting to the ship's wifi and opening the webpage in your internet browser. You won't be charged for the internet usage if you're only using it to access the "golden.princess.com" website.

As Hawka mentioned, there are e-kiosks on deck 6 where you can print out your account statements to keep track of your spending.

I've set up a thread on the Aus&NZ Cruisers board for Q&As and possibly a mini review. Go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2321946

THANK YOU! Great, detailed directions which are most helpful.

I have decided to get an Internet package, the 4 hour one, which should be more than enough to log in to a website where I earn points for logging in daily, and making a bullet point report of the day's activities to another group, who keep an anxious eye on each other-we ALL worry when someone's not well. I carelessly disconnected my Internet on the weekend, had them REALLY panicking, until someone found my phone number and called me. She reported back to the ground I'd disconnected the Internet, and couldn't sort out the plugs myself! Much laughter, but I won't be so careless again in a hurry $192 for a technician's visit! That's nearly 2 Future Cruise Credits! I'll know definitely by the morning of November 12, 2016, whether I need to go to the Future Sales Office and get 1 or 2 Future Cruise Deposits!

By searching the Melbourne and Sydney Port Authority Cruise Ship schedules, I think I've identified a similar cruise leaving from Melbourne, not quite a year after we sail from Sydney. I already have a baseline price for flights, and hotel bookings, and I may only need 2 nights in Adelaide if flying in from Sydney. I get into Adelaide too late to safely connect with my home town airport, and get a meal at a take-away place near me. I'll deal with that problem when I need to.