24 pack of water

wildescapade

You may bring as much water non-alcohol drinks as you want, but you must carry it on. You can't check it. I like the ship tap water myself.

Agree with 49erteacher ... We bring a re-usable bottle and fill it with the ship's tap water. No need to lug a case of water.

Cheers!

In September, 2016 on the Maasdam I left 4 cases of water and our luggage with the porter at embarkation. All 4 cases were reinforced with additional tape around the shrink wrap and our cabin luggage tag was securely taped to each one. The 4 cases and our luggage were delivered to our cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In September, 2016 on the Maasdam I left 4 cases of water and our luggage with the porter at embarkation. All 4 cases were reinforced with additional tape around the shrink wrap and our cabin luggage tag was securely taped to each one. The 4 cases and our luggage were delivered to our cabin.

The rules state you must carry them on. It's to save work for the stewards who have enough to do.

At a focus group, the HD said a main reason for taking away the "bring all the wine you want on board" was that people were bringing cases, slapping luggage tags on them to be delivered to the rooms. He particularly cited Fort Lauderdale.

If you want to be able to continue to be able to bring your water on board, I respectfully suggest that you carry it on as stated. Otherwise, like the wine, it may go the way of the dodo.

Remember you can bring on water in ports too ;)

Is that stated on HAL site?

Thanks for the info, will check that.

I took a very small 6 or 8 pack of the new Pellagrino slim cans on our last RCCL and left with porters and luggage tag. It worked.

I do drink ship's water all day and evening , but we do like a sparkling water now and then.

The rules state you must carry them on.

I was unaware of a rule stating that bottled water must be carried on. I have searched the Holland America website but didn't find that. I don't knowingly break rules!! Could you please point me to the right place? Thanks in advance.

From HAL's facebook page - not necessarily an official rule but asked:

Holland America Line Hi XXXXXX, thanks for asking! Guests are permitted to bring unlimited soda or bottled water onboard at embarkation or purchased in a shore side location. We ask that the soda or bottled water be carried onboard and not be stored in the any of the luggage you check in prior to embarking. We do offer a discounted Soda Card, as well as many other valuable indulgence packages. For more information regarding soda cards, or any other indulgence packages, please contact our Ship Services department directly at 800-541-1576 (206-281-3535 if calling from outside the US or Canada) Monday-Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time, or by email to hal_ship_services@hollandamerica.com. Bon Voyage

https://www.facebook.com/HALCruises/posts/10151990323608406

Edited by Herfnerd