What happened to the birthday cake?

fcab7f314e72eaa9d164b1a99baa3d50.jpgdd3ff90f862f95d38bdb20f6ffc1d832.jpg34d06bdb65c4eed886ae5969c02ae36c.jpg

This is what it really look like. I was shocked in how it really look but it taste good. I won't do it again because I expected it to look good instead of normal cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looks better and bigger then those free ones that EVERYONE had a birthday or Anniversary!

Looks better and bigger then those free ones that EVERYONE had a birthday or Anniversary!

Yes - but for 25 - I kindna expected similar to the picture and it was not even close. Although the cake was very rich and he was happy with it as I surprised him.

I remember when birthday cake was free, I am old

I have joined that club! In 2000, we took a family cruise (14 couples) on Grandeur. My parents had their anniversary while on the trip and I had their room decorated for $27.95 which included a small cake. There was a fancy paper decoration on their door that said "Happy Anniversary" and streamers and balloons in the cabin. They were surprised and thrilled with it. I know the price because I did a review of this cruise and looked it up!

Edited by shofer
content

Yes - but for 25 - I kindna expected similar to the picture and it was not even close. Although the cake was very rich and he was happy with it as I surprised him.

That's definitely not even close to the photo on the website. More false advertising from RCI :rolleyes:

Oh that's right, they can change things and substitute whatever they want whenever they want and we have to just take it :mad:

$25 is too much. I'd go to WJ and get cake there.
I think $5 is way too much. As you say, cake is available in the Windjammer ... and in the MDR ... and in the specialty restaurants. Why would you pay for a separate cake?

I remember when birthday cake was free, I am old
I bet people took advantage of the "free" cake. You know, my son's birthday was three months ago, but tonight we're celebrating his birthday ... please bring us a cake. Tomorrow night we're celebrating my husband's birthday ... it's three weeks after we return home.

That's definitely not even close to the photo on the website. More false advertising from RCI :rolleyes:

Oh that's right, they can change things and substitute whatever they want whenever they want and we have to just take it :mad:

Maybe the chocolate cake wrap doesn't come with instructions....and they can't figure it out onboard? :o I would think that a hairdryer or heat gun would make it look more like the photo?

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late, but this is what I received for my $25. It was good but nowhere near as delicious as the previous cake. We couldn't eat it all at once but it stayed fresh under the plastic dome. After a few days though, the strawberries got moldy so ended up tossing about a quarter of the cake. I wouldn't buy another one.

dd511d3d1756860cadf02cfc91347400.jpg

b6123e4c3d1564f05ea479c454fb223d.jpg

181aab3eee00bbe6c59b1d010e05c189.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I ordered one a year ago from that same picture. What we got was a chocolate cake that was hand written on top " Happy Birthday ...." It wasn't pretty but it was personal and served the purpose and it tasted good. The cost is crazy though.

If you're on a ship with cupcakes I'd buy enough for your party and ask if they can have them delivered to the MDR. If they say no take them yourselves. It would be cheaper and prettier. And you could get different flavors.

Oops didn't see that this was an old thread. Yours looked a lot better then ours though!

I ordered one a year ago from that same picture. What we got was a chocolate cake that was hand written on top " Happy Birthday ...." It wasn't pretty but it was personal and served the purpose and it tasted good. The cost is crazy though.

If you're on a ship with cupcakes I'd buy enough for your party and ask if they can have them delivered to the MDR. If they say no take them yourselves. It would be cheaper and prettier. And you could get different flavors.

Oops didn't see that this was an old thread. Yours looked a lot better then ours though!

On Cruise Critic, a month old is hardly an "old thread". You should see some of the 10 year old threads that get resurrected sometimes.[emoji15] Lol.

Anyway, I'd promised to follow up after I actually got the cake, so I did :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk