Internet question

bluehawks47

What would it cost for a few minutes of internet in the internet lounge? Or can you even do a few minutes? I will need to check in 24 hours prior to my flight and the day before, we are at sea. Or is this something Guest Services can possibly do? I'm doubting that.

Thank you

What would it cost for a few minutes of internet in the internet lounge? ... Or is this something Guest Services can possibly do? ...

Cannot tell from your profile when & what ship you are sailing from, so will generalize the basic options for NCL. No, sorry - Guest Servics will not and cannot possibly do that, with 1,200+ to 2,000 staterooms and guests Keep those minutes down if you don't need to print paper boarding pass (mobile passes are fairly common these days) using satellite internet, which is often the slowest on the last sea day before disembarkation ... just about everyone flying home are trying to do the same.

Check your global/international/roaming cellular plan to find their coverage & charges - it might be competitive, inexpensive, or even free & included (i.e. Mexico or Canada) - it will most likely be faster (ours being 4G, close to LTE speed in the Bahamas & Caribs)

For the last sea day, NCL usually offer a Special for disembarkation, good if you have 2 or 3 or 4 pax needing to check in for flights, seat assignment & changes, etc. For the BA, there is a $12.50 plan with 25 MB @ 48 cents a minute, good for about 25 minutes. A bigger plan is $29 for 100 MB @ 29 c/m (share that & you each get more minutes, to check emails, etc.) You will not see these until you are on the ship, not posted online ... they rather you purchase and/or upgrade to the unlimited options ... even if you have 100 to 300+ "free" promo minutes, as some of us do select them or get extra airtimes.

PAYG by the minutes was (is) 59 cents a minute. These plans are subject to a one-time $3.95 activation fee. Printing is 50 cents a page. Details & a written guide should be available at the iCafe onboard (uploaded here) ... disclaimers: rates posted here as a general guide, subject to change without notice & often varied in availability by ships ... and speed is often described as varied and slow.

56e39397dfe20abcf9c65f80136d67ab.jpg

fdb6cdfa1ba89d8139364986880675f3.jpg

4139870bbc7ab1fb7799d7b77975a720.jpg

c1b84fee51e7e552fd7c1f01ac1291ae.jpg

afdf29b7a9f36313c0e6555bfef84daf.jpg

Edited by mking8288

I will need to check in 24 hours prior to my flight
No, you are *allowed* to check in 24 hours prior, there is no requirement that you do so. You can wait until the ship docks and use their phone app to check in.

Or just wait until you get to the airport, which is what I do when I travel for work every week of the year.

No, you are *allowed* to check in 24 hours prior, there is no requirement that you do so. You can wait until the ship docks and use their phone app to check in.

Or just wait until you get to the airport, which is what I do when I travel for work every week of the year.

Yes, you are correct, I don’t HAVE to check in 24 hours prior, but I’d like to if I can.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you are correct, I don’t HAVE to check in 24 hours prior, but I’d like to if I can.

Thanks s

Don’t know if you’re flying Southwest, but checking-in 24 hrs ahead is almost a necessity with them for an A or low B boarding group. We always do early bird for a fee.

Don’t know if you’re flying Southwest, but checking-in 24 hrs ahead is almost a necessity with them for an A or low B boarding group. We always do early bird for a fee.

Yes, I might just pay the extra $15 or whatever it is to be assured better boarding.

Thank you

Yes, I might just pay the extra $15 or whatever it is to be assured better boarding.

Thank you

We always buy the early bird boarding. Hate to do it but it beats sitting by a computer and doing a 24 hr prior check in which reminds me of bidding on a last minute ebay item. Then you can just wait and get your boarding pass at the terminal or load it on you phone. However, even early bird is getting further and further back in the line. SWA now has so many special needs passengers, people with children, and now their additional purchase A list passengers, all who board first. My last early bird still had me half way back in the B group.