Cozumel beach??

beshears

Most of the popular tourist beaches will require a taxi ride -- check these boards for reviews of Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, Money Bar, Playa Mia and others.

Most of these are lined up next to each other along the same side of the island - so the sand and water quality will be about the same. Their facilities, amenities and business models differ. What are you looking for? :confused: Quiet and relaxing? Party atmosphere? All-inclusive? Snorkel from the shore? Water toys?

Since we are more beach people than zip lining, or snorkeling, what beach would be close to our Carnival ships docking? Is there one we can walk to, or do we need to take a taxi to one?

John has listed the most popular places that all require a taxi and I think a few more were listed the first time you asked this.

I have never docked at the Carnival pier but I believe there is a small bar on the beach there. The shore around the piers and into town is ironshore so not real beachy.

If you are just wanting somewhere to relax in a lounger for a few hours without the need for transport, suggest you look at day pass to El CID or Park Royal within walking distance.

Thanks for your responses. We are just wanting a beach area to relax in.

It was mentioned a pass to El CID or Park Royal. Are these hotels at the beach areas? Do you have any idea the cost of a pass?

Nachi Cocum, from what I have read, is a quiet low key beach that just might be what you want.

Not trying to be a jerk but if you read through some recent threads you would find this info. I find there is a ton of duplication on these forums with people asking the same questions in new threads making a bit more cumbersome to get the info you want.

It was mentioned a pass to El CID or Park Royal. Are these hotels at the beach areas? Do you have any idea the cost of a pass?

Have not been to either. A search of these boards (use the search feature on the upper right side) or a quick look at Trip Advisor or the hotel web sites should answer your questions about location, features and prices.

Nachi Cocum, from what I have read, is a quiet low key beach that just might be what you want.

I love Nachi but it is about a $17 cab ride each way plus about $55 each for AI -- it sounds to me like more than the OP was looking to spend for a few relaxing hours

It depends what you mean by Beach area, as I explained before the area around the piers and into town are mostly ironshore, but these two hotels do have sandy areas (either man-made or supplemented) with loungers. Google images will give you an idea of size.

It has been a while since I was at El CID - they used to have two passes ~$20,with $10 back towards food and drink, or full AI for ~$50.

Park Royal is AI for ~$50.

As suggested Google maps will allow you to do a virtual walk from Puerta Maya to the hotels- probably 15 minutes.

The search engine on here will bring up more details on any of the Beach clubs you are looking at. Here is a thread I posted on recently

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2593787&highlight=El+cid

Thanks for your replies.

You are welcome.

My preference for AI would be Park Royal but for budget reasons, or if short on time, we have done the less expensive pass at El CID which still allowed full access to facilities like pool and WiFi.

Just walked back to the ship from Park Royal. $50 each which is what it has always been. The place was absolutely packed though. The lady at the desk very nicely told us they were nearly full and as such there were no chairs at the beach area. There were also no chairs at either of the waterfront pools. We found a kinda quiet spot at the interior pool which was fine. This was our first time there in February so maybe it’s always busy this time of year. Lunch was a pretty good buffet and there were plenty of tables inside . Very nice staff everywhere from the front desk to the bus boys.

Just walked back to the ship from Park Royal. $50 each which is what it has always been. The place was absolutely packed though. The lady at the desk very nicely told us they were nearly full and as such there were no chairs at the beach area. There were also no chairs at either of the waterfront pools. We found a kinda quiet spot at the interior pool which was fine. This was our first time there in February so maybe it’s always busy this time of year. Lunch was a pretty good buffet and there were plenty of tables inside . Very nice staff everywhere from the front desk to the bus boys.

Good to know, we haven’t been in February but this is high season for Cozumel so makes sense.

We actually prefer the interior pool area because I prefer that pool but it is nice to have some time by the ocean too. I can remember when it was $40 (and less than El CID at the time)but I think it has been $50 for at least a couple of years. Still good value when you consider no additional transport costs.

We go to Chakanaab. It is a National Park. Taxi is $12 each way, admission is $21 each and a coupon is available online. Good and inexpensive food and drinks. Service right to your palapa or lounge chair.

20171030_131510-M.jpg

Look between those two buildings in the center and you can see the Carnival Magic between them.

20171030_131445-M.jpg