Tallinn or Muuga?

2552phxcrzr

Those who are/were on Silhouette for the Baltic/St Petersburg cruise the first part of June, where did Silhouette dock? Near Old Town, or 7 miles outside town at Muuga. If Muuga, what were DIY transportation options to get into the city? Approximate costs?

We'll be on this itinerary in August. The information I found for our sailing says we're in Tallinn at Pier 27, so I expect to be able to walk off the ship and head to Old Town. But I'd like to be prepared and plan accordingly in case we end up at Muuga.

Thanks.

We went to Tallinn last year - the schedule said MUUGA so I called the Captains Club and was informed that we would be docking in the Old Town port. Don't know why they keep putting MUUGA. From the Old Town port it is a really easy walk into the old town of Tallinn.

Have a great cruise.

We were on Eclipse a few weeks ago. The schedule also showed Muuga. I contacted the Tallin port authuority who quickly replied that non cruise ships us Muuga. We docked in Tallin old town as per all the other ships in port that day. Its about 10 mins max to walk to the edge of old town. Not sure why Celebrity show this on their Baltic trips as it could put some off choosing this itiniary.

Recently did this cruise on Eclipse.

Zeebrugge - port provides shuttle bus to gates. Short walk to tram stop.

Warnemunde - docks right in town near railway station.

Tallin - near old town. Easily walkable.

St Petersburg - some way out but most people on booked excursions picked up there.

Helsinki- West terminal. Short walk to tram stop. Tram takes you to main station.

Stockholm - Frihamnen. Local bus stop at port gate. Could possibly be walkable if fit.

Copenhagen - Langelinie terminal. Short walk from Little Mermaid.

Hope this helps.

Great ... your comments are born out by my research despite what the CC website lists. A friend who was on the Silhouette earlier this month mentioned taking a shuttle, so I thought I had better check. We went to Tallinn from Helsinki two years ago ... and really enjoyed our daytrip; hope to explore some sights close to but outside Old Town on foot, hence wanting to confirm the location. Best to be prepared.

Warning...if your Germany port call is Rostock and not Warnemunde, you will be docking at Pier LH31, which is the port further in the harbor. The ferries dock here. There are no services there....rental cars, trains, etc. There will be taxis and busses. Only the pier in Warnemunde has a cruise passenger terminal with rental cars and train.

Warning...if your Germany port call is Rostock and not Warnemunde, you will be docking at Pier LH31, which is the port further in the harbor. The ferries dock here. There are no services there....rental cars, trains, etc. There will be taxis and busses. Only the pier in Warnemunde has a cruise passenger terminal with rental cars and train.

Nice to know ... ours says Warnemunde ... should be fine.

Strange, not found a single search result that shows Rostock as a cruise port, only Warnemunde. Did you experience a cruise docking at Rostock and not Warnemunde? I follow Baltic itineraries and it's always shown as Warnemunde.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the Sillhouette last week and were moved to Rostock because of overcrowding at Warnemunde. Celebrity ran free shuttles to both Warnemunde and Rostock.

We had a private tour scheduled and they made the port switch with no problem.

In Talinn we ported near the old town.

Strange, not found a single search result that shows Rostock as a cruise port, only Warnemunde. Did you experience a cruise docking at Rostock and not Warnemunde? I follow Baltic itineraries and it's always shown as Warnemunde.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are sailing on the Celebrity Eclipse July 17. Our port call in Rostock is July 20th. The cruise before us calls at Warnemunde and I believe the one after us does also. Our cruise is sold out, so it is not showing on the website. When booking shore excursions (which we are not doing), the port states Rostock.

This is the official website for the port: http://www.rostock-port.de/en/cruise-shipping/port-calls/2015-port-calls.html It shows the Eclipse at LP31, the Marco Polo at LP41, the Berlin at P7 and the Regal Princess at P8. The LP piers are in Rostock...the P piers are in Warnemunde.

We were on the Sillhouette last week and were moved to Rostock because of overcrowding at Warnemunde. Celebrity ran free shuttles to both Warnemunde and Rostock.

We had a private tour scheduled and they made the port switch with no problem.

In Talinn we ported near the old town.

Good to know they ran free shuttles to both towns. Hope they continue to do this for our ship....sure would make it easier to catch the train to Schwerin or pick up a rental car.

Muuga is container port, never use for cruise ships and that came from the customer relations manager at port of Tallinn last year when I emailed as our eclipse sailing was showing Muuga not Tallinn. Was told ALL cruises berth by old town. Hope this helps

Muuga is container port, never use for cruise ships and that came from the customer relations manager at port of Tallinn last year when I emailed as our eclipse sailing was showing Muuga not Tallinn. Was told ALL cruises berth by old town. Hope this helps

Thank you.....this is what I had pretty much determined, but it is good to hear it first hand. :)

Great to have confirmation.