Crown Inaugural Gift

mek

Yes, it is lovely. My son and DIL were on the Crown and showed me the gift this evening. They wern't sure if everyone receive it or just Captain's Circle members.

As the end of the cruise approached I had been mildly complaining to my wife that Princess hadn't done anything special for the passengers on the inauguaral cruise of the Crown. And then they laid this on us!

cpBowlUL.jpg

Everyone on the cruise, even the the crew, received the "Corona" bowl by Orrefors, the Swedish glass makers. Designed by Lars Hellsten, The bowl is 3-3/8 in. high by 4-1/2 in. wide. The inscription has the Princess logo and says Crown Princess Inaugural 2006. It came with a nice card from Princess.

And to think, I'd have been happy with a keychain!

An exceptionally nice gift!

Robert

This is MUCH nicer than the gifts RCI provided to those of us who sailed the maiden voyage on Freedom of the Seas. I don't have pictures, but we got an unimpressive glass plate, and lunch bag and a cheap picture frame.

I throw all this crap away regardless :D , but good for Princess their classy approach.

it was 1 per cabin unless passengers had different last names I guess....I was with norman from australia and he got 1 and so did I....

Hi Robert.........was a pleasure meeting u..........hope u enjoyed the cruise as much as we did.......

Barbara and Kelvin

the dancers

was nice meeting you too...actually , everyone I met was so nice....I remember seeing a post on here somewhere that was about why they didnt want to cruise on the crown and basically it was because of new yorkers.....I thought the cruise was awesome, staff was great, passengers were great, entertainers, etc....

I've read some bad stuff about the buffet but I don't think I ate there once....I prefer the dining room.

I use to manage hotels and whenever we opened a new one with new staff, even though they were experienced, it takes time for them to click together....as long as people are trying I will never fault them.

I brought some thai food back from grand cayman to a thai room steward and he gave me his inaugural bowl, I thought that was pretty nice, so now I have 2.

the passengers on this sailing will also get the gift but then thats it.

look forward to seeing some of you on another cruise.

oh, great dancing by the way

was nice meeting you too...actually , everyone I met was so nice....I remember seeing a post on here somewhere that was about why they didnt want to cruise on the crown and basically it was because of new yorkers.....I thought the cruise was awesome, staff was great, passengers were great, entertainers, etc....

I've read some bad stuff about the buffet but I don't think I ate there once....I prefer the dining room.

I use to manage hotels and whenever we opened a new one with new staff, even though they were experienced, it takes time for them to click together....as long as people are trying I will never fault them.

I brought some thai food back from grand cayman to a thai room steward and he gave me his inaugural bowl, I thought that was pretty nice, so now I have 2.

the passengers on this sailing will also get the gift but then thats it.

look forward to seeing some of you on another cruise.

oh, great dancing by the way

We also loved the entire cruise, the passengers were one of the best groups that we have sailed with in a long time, and of coure everything else was fantastic............including the buffet and cafe........we ate every meal in one or the other, we always do, and thought the food was wonderful...

Wow, Princess really did a nice job with that gift! We were also on the maiden of Freedom of the Seas. Nothing branded 'maiden voyage' for sale in any of the shops. 'Welcome aboard' photo said "inaugural season", not "maiden voyage" (something they could've done at no cost). According to some staff, no maiden voyage gift had been planned, but they distributed a picture of the ship on Thursday night. A bit too late for a lot of folks because by then, there had been much grumbling about the added cruise cost of the maiden with no added value (i.e., it seemed exactly like any other cruise).

It is great that Princess went out of their way to do something special. Kudos to them for their foresight! Definitely a 'home run'.

Archived